Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VXR?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    That should hit like a mack truck, I shot 623 grains last season at around 250fps. Decided to switch it up this year with the vxr and drop down to 504 grains at 279fps.
    That's the goal. I have always shot 500 plus. First time in the 600s. I'm pretty excited to let one fly.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good choice. That Ambush Green is sexy AF. Did you shoot the 31.5 before you bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did not. My guy didn’t have a 31.5 in stock at that time. I hunt out of ground blinds some out of state so I went with the 28. I did not expect it to be as smooth as it turned out to be.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I’ve watched a ton of reviews on it from people that have been around for a while and talked to friends that have shot it side by side with others and all have pretty much the same to say. Other than being the most shock free bow they’ve ever shot, it’s no big deal. Most reviews put the BowTech revolt being the best drawing bow this year.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I’ve watched a ton of reviews on it from people that have been around for a while and talked to friends that have shot it side by side with others and all have pretty much the same to say. Other than being the most shock free bow they’ve ever shot, it’s no big deal. Most reviews put the BowTech revolt being the best drawing bow this year.
    I own both. If anyone is saying they aren’t half chub over the vxr they simply don’t want to spend the money. It’s that good. I bought a revoltX in February before I gave the vxr a shot. I now own both and haven’t touched the bowtech since. Mathews hit an absolute homerun this year. From the grip, to the draw cycle, to the speed it makes across a wide range of arrow weights, to the lateral stability at draw. It’s a winner. This is coming from a historical Hoyt fanboy

Pro tip: stop watching reviews. They are as biased as the news.

The revolt on performance setting (which is apples to apples) with the vxr there is no comparison on draw cycle. The Mathews is a tad stiff on the front end but the draw force curve is very smooth and predictable. No dump like the revolt.

Led - buy axis. They are awesome and made in America. Go a spine heavier than the Easton chart and add weighted inserts. Component quality from factory arrows these days is lower than shit. They are striving for $.02 in components and it shows. It’s spendy, but iron will inserts and impact collars are worth the dollars spent.

Or buy gold tip if you like Mexico better...

Get with feet down. He should be able to point you in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Led - buy axis. They are awesome and made in America. Go a spine heavier than the Easton chart and add weighted inserts. Component quality from factory arrows these days is lower than shit. They are striving for $.02 in components and it shows. It’s spendy, but iron will inserts and impact collars are worth the dollars spent.

Or buy gold tip if you like Mexico better...

Get with feet down. He should be able to point you in the right direction
    I have always shot Maximas. I ordered some maxima red SDs a few weeks ago but just 5. I’m open to anything.

I bought a few maxima Triads and they are up there in weight. I have been shooting a 425 grain arrow a long time. I want to see how the VXR performs with what I have first

Default VXR?

Interesting. I went from a SB to a Creed ES. Still adjusting to the draw cycle and a short bow. I am shooting FMJs 400. Crazy how much things have changed.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 08-28-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Some of those arrows are $25 each

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

$11 for Axis Match grades

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

That is why you buy used from gear heads.

Do any of y'all even hunt?

I beginning to wonder.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-28-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Good gosh man. I don’t shoot well enough to justify that.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    600ish grains. I honestly don't care about speed. It was more of a curiosity thing. The fellas at Jeffrey's weren't impressed or interested in my heavy arrow test.

The only negative I find with the VXR is it is a touch top heavy. My Sword slider is heavy. So the side bar was a must for me at 31" DL. After season I'll probably find a different sight that's lighter. Hopefully I can drop the back bar, or at least some of the weights.
    You wont find very many shops that will. Feets and I have been having this discussion for the last couple weeks. Hell I am done with shops. Before January I will have my own press, draw board, and vise. I have gotten tired of shops trying to tell me why I shouldn't 4 fletch and why I shouldn't shoot heavy arrows..... blah blah blah. To hell with them. I have seen some real dumbass bow techs it can' be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

I beginning to wonder.

My season ain’t open yet, bo.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You wont find very many shops that will. Feets and I have been having this discussion for the last couple weeks. Hell I am done with shops. Before January I will have my own press, draw board, and vise. I have gotten tired of shops trying to tell me why I shouldn't 4 fletch and why I shouldn't shoot heavy arrows..... blah blah blah. To hell with them. I have seen some real dumbass bow techs it can' be that hard.
    For sure. I am planning on the same.

It's cracks me up how excited they were to take my money. As soon as I pulled the 250 spine arrow out I thought those dummies heads were going to explode.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I beginning to wonder.

You're getting cantankerous in your old age Bunn. September 15th Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Maybe so but I'm just surprised he's thinking of switching. He killed everything he ever shot at. He has the best.....a Z7.

Guess he just wants to be like the rest of the VXR crowd.

Maybe so but I'm just surprised he's thinking of switching. He killed everything he ever shot at. He has the best.....a Z7.

Guess he just wants to be like the rest of the VXR crowd.

I’m not selling the Z7 Cat. She is part of me and will continue to be hunted with.

i shoot a qx2
    it is of a normal color
    it shoots exactly as fast as it shoots.
    my arrows are as heavy as they weigh.
    My shoulder hurts.
    I typically kill what I aim at.
    I've had the bow almost 20 years.
    oh..and I dont practice.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 08-31-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    My shoulder hurts.
    Have you tried the new crossbows?