Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VXR?

Default VXR?

Does anyone have one? I am finally upgrading my 2009 Z7. Covid has delayed the build some but I have a 31.5 in black I am putting together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B4053E29-3FAA-4E75-8E47-ABC46BB1D242.jpg

VXR 31.5. Its a smooth shooter, I went with a grey riser and black limbs.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 08-28-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Thought you went with green?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I'm still standing with my halon, I just cant see the big difference in mine and the VXR.

Id like to call it the Mathews Swichback of these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Thought you went with green?
    Aubrey wanted us to have matching colors. Killers shoot black, bo.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Aubrey wanted us to have matching colors. Killers shoot black, bo.
    Fo sho......

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Feets and Coastal W. what sights are yall shooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Single pin Black Gold ascent verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Single pin Black Gold ascent verdict.
    Preciate it. I thought that's what it was after I did some looking. Just now put a bow back in my hands after about a 5 year hiatus.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Sold my Halon and bought a VXR 28” about 2.5 months ago. I am very pleased, speed is about the same but vxr appears to a little smoother after the shot. I bought the oliv drab version.
    image.jpg
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Feets and Coastal W. what sights are yall shooting?
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Sold my Halon and bought a VXR 28” about 2.5 months ago. I am very pleased, speed is about the same but vxr appears to a little smoother after the shot. I bought the oliv drab version.
    image.jpg
    Good choice. That Ambush Green is sexy AF. Did you shoot the 31.5 before you bought?

MVIMG_20200828_141113.jpg

I got one. It's nice. It was by far the most efficient bow with my heavy arrows of the new bows I shot.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

The green is sexy for sure. I was looking at the stone color but he had black and green. I went with black again. I haven't bought arrows for myself since 2014. A lot has changed in that technology too I see.

JBK- How heavy are you with your arrows?

Picked up some grizzly sticks and coming in around 546. VXR 31.5 30" 70lbs - very smooth so far- can't wait for the first test subject. I still have not tried any stabilizers-Did yall shoot without and then add them later? I get some pin float 40+ yards that i would like to settle.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    The green is sexy for sure. I was looking at the stone color but he had black and green. I went with black again. I haven't bought arrows for myself since 2014. A lot has changed in that technology too I see.
    "Axis 300's have killed more deer than blue tongue" - Wiz18

600ish grains. I honestly don't care about speed. It was more of a curiosity thing. The fellas at Jeffrey's weren't impressed or interested in my heavy arrow test.

The only negative I find with the VXR is it is a touch top heavy. My Sword slider is heavy. So the side bar was a must for me at 31" DL. After season I'll probably find a different sight that's lighter. Hopefully I can drop the back bar, or at least some of the weights.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    600ish grains. I honestly don't care about speed. It was more of a curiosity thing. The fellas at Jeffrey's weren't impressed or interested in my heavy arrow test.

The only negative I find with the VXR is it is a touch top heavy. My Sword slider is heavy. So the side bar was a must for me at 31" DL. After season I'll probably find a different sight that's lighter. Hopefully I can drop the back bar, or at least some of the weights.
    Good luck finding anybody at any bow shop in the midlands that's gonna give you any good advice unless your views directly align with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post

That should hit like a mack truck, I shot 623 grains last season at around 250fps. Decided to switch it up this year with the vxr and drop down to 504 grains at 279fps.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good luck finding anybody at any bow shop in the midlands that's gonna give you any good advice unless your views directly align with theirs.
    Oh yeah. Ol Waynanal beads is one ignorant Yankee.