Thread: Box stand seating

Default Box stand seating

So my 9 year old daughter is ready to start slinging lead. She’s been going with me since she was 2-1/2 and is awesome at being quiet. Here is where the problem lies. We have always taken a fold out dove stool for her to sit on but it’s not tall enough for her to shoot from. She used to sit in my lap when deer would come out to feed but the bucks around this stand are always on the move and their isn’t enough time to be moving seats and getting adjusted. The other problem is there isn’t a ton of room inside to put another bigger chair like another office chair. Are there any comfortable adjustable height stool type chairs out there that would be well suited for a 60lb kid to sit on for hours at a time? Im also going to add a 2 man ladder stand in another area for us to hunt from but she loves this box stand location and moving it or building a bigger one this year just aren’t in the budget. Give me some more ideas and thanks in advance.

I would either get a skinny bar stool,or a tall 10 gallon bucket and put a boat seat on it,or if her back can take it...a rolling stool like at the doctor's office.

I was looking at ditching my smaller office chair and getting 2 of these but the reviews say they are terrible.
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...el-blind-chair

Boat seat adjustable pedestal on a 2x6 box

What about something like this? Amazon has a lot of similar options.
    https://www.amazon.com/Stools-Counte...605157&sr=8-55

You could also cut a few openings in the sides of the stand at her current height and put cloth over them where you can lift it when you're ready to ease the gun through it.
    Last edited by hickory; 08-16-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Back bench seat out of an SUV

Look at Alps outdoors or Hawk adjustable height swivel blind chairs- might be the ticket- or a boat swivel seat on a tall bar stool and cut the legs to the right height

The alps chair is what you want for something like this

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Milennium makes a seat that is adjustable and comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

people have been sitting on phone books and boat seat cushions for eons....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Looks like you got a couple good answers already on adjustable chairs. FWIW, don’t go the sit in lap route because if you get shakes the kid is gonna have to deal with x 2. Also, pay attention to eye relief on the scope. I lived through a couple misses with knucklehead on everything mentioned. Attention to details will pay off for you or you can just rough it and learn from mistakes. Not a thing wrong with thinking ahead. Best of luck to you and please post pics when she gets one.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Adjustable chair AND...Floyd Shooting Systems ... she will be solid
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Can you add a shooting rail to the height that would work for her and cut another opening? I just did that on a box stand I built.

Just an FYI on this. I bought the Alps on sale from Rogers. Brother in law had his today while we were working on a box stand and fit the nephew fine.