Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It may be time to walk away.

Default It may be time to walk away.

Clemson’s Dabo Swinney calls shooting of Jacob Blake ‘disgusting and disappointing’

Clemson’s team meeting time wasn’t spent discussing football on Wednesday.

Instead, Clemson’s coaching staff and players spent more than an hour talking about the pain the team felt in the wake of the Jacob Blake shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The team meeting had been scheduled to last 10 minutes.

Blake was shot by an officer with the Kenosha Police Department.

Clemson’s discussion occurred on the same day several sporting events were postponed around the country, including the NBA playoffs and the WNBA’s schedule of games.

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney shared his thoughts on the shooting following Wednesday’s practice.

“We had a long conversation as a team about all of that and there’s really no words to describe it other than just incredibly disgusting and disappointing to see something like that take place,” Swinney said. “If there is a positive, it’s hard to find a positive, but if there is one, hopefully the awareness that’s been created since May and high alertness, if you will, to make sure that people are held accountable and things are done right. But it’s just really.... you don’t have any words for it.”

“Officer Rusten Sheskey shot Blake, 29, while holding onto his shirt after officers first unsuccessfully used a Taser and as Blake leaned into his vehicle during an incident Sunday evening,” the AP reported.

A family lawyer said Blake was paralyzed in the shooting, according to the AP.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...245281900.html

Welcome to the club. Wanna buy a tent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Dabo should have used it as a teaching example for his team to tell them what not to do when interacting with police
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Ultimately Dabo’s job is to win games. Are these players playing harder for a coach that empathizes with them or one that tells them their feelings are wrong?

That really pisses me off when the facts aren’t in yet. His remarks were probably done just to appease the black players.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

His job has a much broader scope than just win games. Which it does not matter any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    That really pisses me off when the facts aren’t in yet. His remarks were probably done just to appease the black players and transvestites.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    FIFY
    I laughed

I’ve spent thousands of dollars every year following that team around. After all this political shit, I no longer have any desire to. Hope it comes back but I won’t hate keeping the money in my pocket or killing more ducks because of it.

I even noticed Dabo now has a little black dialect in his recent pressers.

I've heard of y'all talking about that kool aid up yonder and it's effects, I see how potent it is now. Woke!
    Low country redneck who moved north

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Dabo should have used it as a teaching example for his team to tell them what not to do when interacting with police
    It was an hour long meeting. I doubt the "press release" cliff notes summarized the entire meeting. My guess is there was probably some real, honest, communication going on in there...but who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Dabo might better go coach the NBA if he keeps this shit up. I'd rather watch Clemson lose.

This is all such a shame. Football was a huge part of our economic and social fabric here in the South. You can't keep feeding the biting dog though. In the end, get out the .22 and move on...

He will find out that his reaction to outside events will be the one thing that can cause it all to come crashing down.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Today, politics spills over into EVERYTHING! We used sports & entertainment to get away from it but that can't happen anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    He will find out that his reaction to outside events will be the one thing that can cause it all to come crashing down.
    When every Clemson fan I knew constantly started using the phrase "That is a good look" or "that is a bad look"...

Who cares what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Today, politics spills over into EVERYTHING! We used sports & entertainment to get away from it but that can't happen anymore.
    Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.