Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain

Default Rain

Is it too much to ask for a sunny day with no rain?

What is this doing to everybody’s dove numbers?

No. Need sun desperately
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I hitched a ride home with Noah yesterday

These dang storms are messing up my fishing. I could have had 100 triggers in the boat Sunday.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    What is this doing to everybody’s dove numbers?
    As of now we have birds in good numbers. Better than last year for sure. Also finding birds at all times of the day. Morning, noon, mid-afternoon and evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I hitched a ride home with Noah yesterday
    Might need you to build a dock in my backyard.

Birds are hit and miss from day to day. No consistency my way. It will look like the start of something and then I have no idea where they go

I'm pretty excited with the numbers I'm seeing, all around this area.

I like rain, and I said I'd never complain about it this time of year.. even though I'm growing the shit out of weeds in some places. Everything I've had is made.. I just wish I'd of talked myself into finishing sodding everything around the home place. The beginning of October is cool though.. this is coming from someone who likes tans, coconuts, golf, and everything summer

But I like shooting the shit out of birds.. the only span of year that gives me the shakes starts the day after duck season and ends when I see leaves starting.

I got corn to harvest.... Raining every damn day.

Deer wiped out my corn in my pond. Been trying to get in to plant mullet for a freaking month. Hell, it’s so wet in Greenville that over half of my inside wooden doors are sticking from heat and humidity. ETA- after I plant my mullet I am going to plant some millet too.
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 08-25-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    Carolina Counsel

I didn't think you'd be too hard pressed to get good mullet in Greenville

Might not be the most rain we've had in a year, but it could be the most days with rain.

HS, I imagine your field is awesome. Do you see numbers change with weather like this?

I had concrete poured yesterday. They were slipping and sliding trying to get everything in.

I just sprayed quinclorac and and a gallon of DEF on my yard. I don't need any rain for at least a week.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

There are ups and downs, I feel like wild storms while birds are nesting is one of the biggest problems. Sometimes large fronts will push birds out, but other times I've seen huge increases. Without them mostly like normal you're shooting your brood crop, get in and get out and let them feed. We've had this field for decades, it's always been good, but there have been off years. Sometimes you just can't explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Deer wiped out my corn in my pond. Been trying to get in to plant mullet for a freaking month. Hell, it’s so wet in Greenville that over half of my inside wooden doors are sticking from heat and humidity. ETA- after I plant my mullet I am going to plant some millet too.
    Gonna be one hell of a merganser shoot
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Does the mullet make a bush or a vine?