Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabela’s Wooltimate

Default Cabela’s Wooltimate

Is it worth it or is there a better brand in a similar price range?
    I was thinking of picking up a jacket while they were on sale for a few dollars off.

Going to be used for S.C. deer hunting mostly so no real extreme elements but I am wanting a better jacket for this year

And yes,I already know my inner layers are just as important as my outer layers.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I have the jacket and pants with the wind proof liner. Never been cold in it
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They’re worth every penny. You probably won’t believe me, but they’re really a tad too warm for SC most years.
    If I had one complaint, it’s that the pants are a tad heavy. I wish they made the pants in a bib so they’d stay up better.

I have the jacket and the sleeves kick off a lot of fuzz. It’s warm and comfortable. I got it on close out one year. Not sure I’d pay full sticker for it. Just my opinion. I have an old LL bean wool sweater I throw in when it gets real cold and I like it much better.

I love the idea, and then I think about getting into a bunch of beggar lice or cockle burs.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have the jacket and pants with the wind proof liner. Never been cold in it
    Same for me. Bulk but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I have the jacket and the sleeves kick off a lot of fuzz. It’s warm and comfortable. I got it on close out one year. Not sure I’d pay full sticker for it. Just my opinion. I have an old LL bean wool sweater I throw in when it gets real cold and I like it much better.
    Got a Duluth sweater with Windstop that’s the tits. As long as I can stop that wind I don’t really get too cold.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Stopped at cabelas today, decided I wanted the pullover style instead of the jacket and had to order it online to get my size.

All winter clothing is dependent on your activity.

And all has it purpose.

You have to weigh 3 factors, and the pros and cons associated.

1. Squirrel hunting is a very mobile activity.
    How much do you want to wear on 5-6hr, 1-2 mile treks?

2. Cabelas Wooltimate is rather heavy gear (and expensive).
    How often will you really need it in South Carolina, given our climate?

3. Squirrel hunting is a shitty redneck activity, pretty much only supported on this site by you and you alone.
    How many more posts with ankle biter mutt dogs are we to endure, before somebody brings you up to speed on the fact that at the end of the day, you’re shooting tree rats, and it has yet to yield you any benefit.

Honestly, I’d say, stick to the Academy Game Winner gear, as I doubt the Cabelas will help you kill more squirrels, and will likely just make you sweat in your pursuits.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Dang.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Trash.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Trash.
    You calling Bogster trash or the Cabelas wooltimate gear trash? Or both?

No opinion on the wooltimate.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    All winter clothing is dependent on your activity.

And all has it purpose.

You have to weigh 3 factors, and the pros and cons associated.

1. Squirrel hunting is a very mobile activity.
    How much do you want to wear on 5-6hr, 1-2 mile treks?

2. Cabelas Wooltimate is rather heavy gear (and expensive).
    How often will you really need it in South Carolina, given our climate?

3. Squirrel hunting is a shitty redneck activity, pretty much only supported on this site by you and you alone.
    How many more posts with ankle biter mutt dogs are we to endure, before somebody brings you up to speed on the fact that at the end of the day, you’re shooting tree rats, and it has yet to yield you any benefit.

Honestly, I’d say, stick to the Academy Game Winner gear, as I doubt the Cabelas will help you kill more squirrels, and will likely just make you sweat in your pursuits.
    1) Had you read the post you would see that I said it would be used for SC deer hunting. Nowhere did I mention squirrel hunting. Your abundant lack of knowledge about squirrel hunting is pretty apparent if you think we only walk 1-2 miles. Most of the time it’s 5 or 6. I guess we found at least one subject you’re not an expert on.

2) If you’re concerned about what I’m paying for a jacket that you’re not buying or wearing you need to go be poor somewhere else.

3) For it to be such a shitty redneck activity there sure are a lot of people on this site that send me PM’s every year asking about hunting with me. And it usually brings a couple hundred bucks every time I put one up for a benefit auction but I guess only the shitty rednecks bid on those hunts. As far as benefits? I’ve spent countless hours with in the woods with good friends and I’ll have the memories of those hunts and memories of a good dog for years to come. That’s all the benefit I need. It’s a shame you can’t see that.

And thanks for recommendation for the GW gear but I’ll stick with the Carhartt briar gear I already have

But if I ever need advice or opinions about a tier 1 boat that you don’t own I’ll be sure to look you up
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 08-25-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Trash.
    Agreed. DC and his family are top notch people. He does his thing and I respect him for being who he is. So, drop the “bad boy” thing Bog, it’s not who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    1) Had you read the post you would see that I said it would be used for SC deer hunting. Nowhere did I mention squirrel hunting. Your abundant lack of knowledge about squirrel hunting is pretty apparent if you think we only walk 1-2 miles. Most of the time it’s 5 or 6. I guess we found at least one subject you’re not an expert on.

2) If you’re concerned about what I’m paying for a jacket that you’re not buying or wearing you need to go be poor somewhere else.

3) For it to be such a shitty redneck activity there sure are a lot of people on this site that send me PM’s every year asking about hunting with me. And it usually brings a couple hundred bucks every time I put one up for a benefit auction but I guess only the shitty rednecks bid on those hunts. As far as benefits? I’ve spent countless hours with in the woods with good friends and I’ll have the memories of those hunts and memories of a good dog for years to come. That’s all the benefit I need. It’s a shame you can’t see that.

And thanks for recommendation for the GW gear but I’ll stick the the Carhartt briar gear I already have

But if I ever need advice or opinions about a tier 1 boat that you don’t own I’ll be sure to look you up
    No need to justify what you do DC. Bog is just a little bitch and it must be that time of the month for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Talking shit about a man is one thing but where I’m from talking shit about a mans dog is a sure way to get punched in the damn mouth!

I bet DC kills more SC squirrels than Bog kills SC ducks.....

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Guess Im a shitty redneck too. Love a good tree rat killing. Need to get me a new dog speaking of, my old man has gone deaf as a hammer. 12 seasons was enough for the old guy.
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Apparently bog doesn’t have enough “culture” to him to know what it takes to develop a good squirrel or rabbit dog and the excitement that can go along with those hunts. Never mind the fact that his post had nothing to do with the original post.