Thread: Brand of cornmeal ???

Default Brand of cornmeal ???

I know I give my MIL a hard time(jokingly all the time ) but since I have known her (typical 75 yr old Southern Woman that can (or used to could)) really cook

She has always told me Three Rivers is the best cornmeal for cornbread and for many years I shrugged it off

Wife typically cooks dressing around the Holidays and other than that just every blue moon when the mood strikes her (we really try not to eat a lot of carbs for most part )

Well last weekend Wife had a craving for dressing and I cooked some chicken on Blackstone , used what ever cornmeal I had in cabinet (martha white I think ). It was good and like most people that like it I ate WAY more than I should )

Well MIL is with us this weekend and we had both grand boys yesterday/last night and today ( 5 1/2 and 12 weeks). Wife about worn down and I thawed some more chicken out for this evening . She wanted dressing again and when I went to Ingles I saw Three Rivers and bought a bag of it . I made the cornbread and actually thought it had a better taste

Wife’s dressing had better taste and had to tell MIL she was right , Three Rivers is better

Curious as to why, i honestly would think cornmeal is cornmeal but guess not

Careful
    ...the Martha white company may seek legal action against you...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Careful
    ...the Martha white company may seek legal action against you...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is funny