Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermacell

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    I won’t hunt without one. My only complaint is the quality of the device now, they stop working after a season or less. I found one I won on SC Ducks 17 years ago and that one fired right up though.
    2th will chastise me for being cheap, but I emailed them about a nonfunctional 10 year old Thermacell, and they said to send it in. Replaced the butane valve mechanism and sent it back for free.

IDK about how deer react to a nostril full of the stuff, but Ive killed a decent pile of SC deer with bow and rifle while using a thermacell; I’ve never killed a non dog-drive SC deer While sitting on stand getting eaten alive by mosquitos.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    I won’t hunt without one. My only complaint is the quality of the device now, they stop working after a season or less. I found one I won on SC Ducks 17 years ago and that one fired right up though.
    I’ve heard that as well. The one I have is about 10 years old. Evidently I forgot to turn mine off the last time I used it last year. I’m lucky it didn’t catch on fire in my bag because it got hot! Melted a good bit of the plastic but it still worked when I turned it on the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    This is the fundamental truth. Motion will get you busted long before scent and from any direction.
    ^^^^^This is my logic. I am not sitting in a stand without one until much later in the season.

If they can smell the thermacell they can smell you too. The old ones lasted forever, these newer ones can hardly make it through a season.