Thread: What's it worth?

Default What's it worth?

May be pulling a 1994 Johnson 225 off a boat that I am buying.
    Fresh water motor until the last two years, no corrosion, clean
    and runs incredibly well. Great and even compression, cranks easy, idles smooth and runs like a scaled dog.
    What would you ask for the motor, cables, controls and gauges?
    $2000 $2500 $3000 more ???
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-22-2020 at 06:34 PM.

With the current view of OMC, I think if you got $2k you better take it smiling.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    With the current view of OMC, I think if you got $2k you better take it smiling.
    Actually, these were some of the "bullet proof" mid-90s blocks and have a pretty good reputation for being dependable.
    I will probably take $2000 for it, i think this motor has many years left in it and guy says he goes
    40 miles off with it all the time and I believe him and the GPS tracks show it.

Damn they made some good motors I had a few of them from back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Actually, these were some of the "bullet proof" mid-90s blocks and have a pretty good reputation for being dependable.
    I will probably take $2000 for it, i think this motor has many years left in it and guy says he goes
    40 miles off with it all the time and I believe him and the GPS tracks show it.
    Oh, I’m not doubting the dependability or it’s condition. Just people have a perception especially now that OMC is out of the outboard business.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013