Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why??? Someone explain

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Bought my truck exactly how it sits. Guy had leveling kit on it. I reckon all the loads I've had on it has lowered it more. Is mine too bad?

Attachment 58449
    Negative Ghostrider nothing wrong with a truck full of tools. My 150 sits about the same when i have the fourwheeler loaded up.
    Last edited by adamb61085; 08-22-2020 at 06:09 PM.

I remember way back we called the Aynor squat, you know, them boys from UCLA? Then it spread all over the coast.

Now, back in tha ham, and they're starting to do it around here.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    How did the style start? What is the point of it? It took a while to figure out the whole traffic cone in the bed but I think we got an answer for that trend.
    We used to have a 4 wheel jamboree in Anderson 20+ years ago, and a few guys came up from Florida and all their trucks were done like that. Now, these weren't $50,000 trucks, and they sure weren't mall crawlers. I asked one of them why they did that and he told me they had very deep mud holes, and the front being higher kept the front end from plowing, when they bailed off in a hole it made the mud splash back under the rig rather than over the windshield, and it made the front tires act like paddles and the back tires push like an outboard. We took them to our playground in pelzer, and I can attest that as stupid as it looks on a street truck, it works in the mud.

And don't ever go mud bogging with a dude from Florida unless you can swim, cause them dude's won't stop spinning the tires until there's water over the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    We used to have a 4 wheel jamboree in Anderson 20+ years ago, and a few guys came up from Florida and all their trucks were done like that. Now, these weren't $50,000 trucks, and they sure weren't mall crawlers. I asked one of them why they did that and he told me they had very deep mud holes, and the front being higher kept the front end from plowing, when they bailed off in a hole it made the mud splash back under the rig rather than over the windshield, and it made the front tires act like paddles and the back tires push like an outboard. We took them to our playground in pelzer, and I can attest that as stupid as it looks on a street truck, it works in the mud.

And don't ever go mud bogging with a dude from Florida unless you can swim, cause them dude's won't stop spinning the tires until there's water over the steering wheel.
    Was this the same year the corvette on 44’s was out there playing? Been out there many of times. We used to do that show. Hell we ruined a brand new set of 39” supper swamper irocks doing burnouts around that outside road.

Let them do their thing. Why does a man worry about what the boys are doing?

Yep. The dude that owned that Corvette was out there. He owned a small paving company, and one time he had the vette, his dump truck, his bobcat, and his tow rig all stuck at the same time in the big hole.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Was this the same year the corvette on 44’s was out there playing? Been out there many of times. We used to do that show. Hell we ruined a brand new set of 39” supper swamper irocks doing burnouts around that outside road.
    If you've been to "the field" on the river then we've probably met. I was president of the renegade club for 10 years.

Well small freaking world. Im sure we have. I remember all of them stuck at one time. I got my Tacoma stuck trying to go thru the long straight hole. I had abunch of pics from back in those days and got rid of them a few years ago. To many pics of half naked girls and stuff my wife didn’t like and my daughters sure as hell didn’t ever need to see.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Well small freaking world. Im sure we have. I remember all of them stuck at one time. I got my Tacoma stuck trying to go thru the long straight hole. I had abunch of pics from back in those days and got rid of them a few years ago. To many pics of half naked girls and stuff my wife didn’t like and my daughters sure as hell didn’t ever need to see.
    Definitely some good times. People don't believe me now when I tell them that in its' heyday it was nothing on a holiday weekend to have 2 or 300 rigs down there and over 1000 people, from all over the southeast. If you remember a black blazer on 39's or a white z-71 on one tons with 44" swampers that said"white trash" across the tailgate, those were mine.

Definitely some good times. People don't believe me now when I tell them that in its' heyday it was nothing on a holiday weekend to have 2 or 300 rigs down there and over 1000 people, from all over the southeast. If you remember a black blazer on 39's or a white z-71 on one tons with 44" swampers that said"white trash" across the tailgate, those were mine.
    I remember the z71. I had this one.
    336C6532-AE97-42C7-B686-BFED82E4FCD6.jpeg
    You remember the step side baby blue z71 on dana 60’s, it had 39 irocks on 24’s. Thats the one we ruined the tires on. Another buddy had the blue z71 on 40’s that said “while your down there” across the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Let them do their thing. Why does a man worry about what the boys are doing?
    This here. I used to wear a shell necklace, cargo shorts and rainbow flip flops. I reckon I still turned out alright
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I remember those trucks. I'll try to dig up some pictures if my ex wife left any here (still a good trade if she didn't). Were you at the Anderson speedway when we had the truck tug of war?
    Last edited by Pcole; 08-22-2020 at 09:33 PM.

No i don’t think i made it to that one.

We had a tug of war at the speedway one night where we hooked truck to truck and let them see who could pull each other. The rear driveshaft on one truck broke and went INTO the gas tank. I flagged the driver to stop, and he wouldn't because his front tires were still pulling, and he was unaware that his rear driveshaft was inside his gas tank still spinning. Long story short, I may still hold the record for a fat guy clearing a 12' fence between the track and the bleachers to get the heck out of dodge.

Hahahaha

Smarter than the old trend of doing it to a mid-80’s olds with ~3000 miles left before the engine blows.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I could care less what someone does with their truck and their money....but the non corrected headlights on those douche rides really piss me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the LED light bars they blind you with.
    Low country redneck who moved north

What a small world! I went to every one of the Jamboree's, and we always went to the Renegade pond for the after party! I have countless hours of video footage from those events and at the pond that I converted from HI8 tapes to digital on my computer. My friends and I competed in the rock crawl competition they had in the parking lot. I loved that event every year and hate it ended. They tried to have a similar event at the Greenville Pickens speedway called the Great American Motor Fair but it didn't take off and only happened the one time.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk