Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Montana DIY fly fishing 2021

Please post a picture or something and provide a positive distraction from all the other doom and gloom around here.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I'll share some details on another badass trip. Wind River range in Wyoming. I did a 9 day solo backpacking and fishing trip out there in my 20s. Rugged and isolated. I didn't see another soul for the first 4 days. Very difficult hiking, but the fishing is outstanding and the scenery hard to beat.
    Carolina Counsel

Whereabouts in the Wind River Range? I did the same thing. First day I had to camp out on a switchback on a 3,000 rise because it started snowing so heavy in July. I had my food hung, but was enjoying a granola bar in my tent when a cinnamon phase black bear came to pay me a visit. I poked my head out of the tent and fortunately the bear was more scared than I.
    DILLIGAF

The winds are bad ass.

I floated section A of the Green River last Sunday, to say it was good fishing would be an understatement.