Thread: Cost on a flying duck mount

Considering getting a duck mounted and wanted to see if anybody could give me an idea of what it may cost? I would like to get it mounted like it was flying and mount it on a piece of driftwood. Best place to take it in the Cola area too? Thanks!!

If you want a decent job there are alot of guys around. They charge around 200. Keith Crout and Jim Stout do ok jobs. If you really want the bird to look good, dont be closed minded and find the best person with the best quality mounts. You pay a little more and it takes a little longer, but you have to look at it in the long run. You'll have it on the wall forver... Check out some of the best waterfowl taxidermists like Shane Smith in Alabama. Some of the other guys know some, hopefully they'll fill you in to. Good Luck!
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

I agree with HC, don't be scared to spend a little more $$$ and be patient with the time it takes to complete the mount. You definitely get what you pay for. Keith and Jim both do a good job with ducks.
    The Tiger who does not prowl is a potential rug.

Going rate would be $250 for the mount flying mounted on a piece of driftwood. This cost would not include any shipping if you decided to use someone where you had to ship your bird.

Also if you decided to add habitat then you are adding cost.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!