Thread: It's getting close.

Default It's getting close.

Our field in northern Anderson county is looking good. Seems to be plenty of birds around. I have noticed three fields that were sunflowers last year are not planted. I wonder if they're China flu casualties. It will only help us. How are y'all looking?

I got some very encouraging pictures of our dove field earlier this week
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Im on call for the opener. Might not make it. Maybe ill get to take my girls some once it cools off
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

We burned our wheat last Saturday. The rain from earlier this week piled it up. Birds are moving in. Millet will be cut next week. I am sure a tropical storm will screw it up before September 5th.

Road around yesterday checking fields, Anderson county has a good amount of birds right now

Mine's looking good. Been blowing corn down the middles from the mulcher on the tailgate. Will bush hog some Brown Top this week. Kept the sunflowers clean with Poast & Cadre so the fields are clean for them to land in.................I monitor my field from the front porch.

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    We burned our wheat last Saturday. The rain from earlier this week piled it up. Birds are moving in. Millet will be cut next week. I am sure a tropical storm will screw it up before September 5th.
    You hush!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft