Thread: Replacement Windows?

Default Replacement Windows?

Have a rental property I知 updating and want to install new windows. I知 doing the installation myself but figured I壇 see if the braintrust had any suggestions on brands. Lead times I知 getting are from 5-12 weeks, so need to pull the trigger soon to stay on schedule. Appreciate it.

I replaced the ones in my FIL's beach house a few months ago. I went with Pella's ordered from Lowes. No issues, arrived in about 4 weeks. Fit perfectly. They were custom size, low E, tinted. Made a huge difference over the 30 yo ones that were in there. Measure 2 or 3 times before ordering...

Where are you located?

Property is in Conway.

Hearing mixed reviews on Lowes/HD. Glad your FIL’s worked out with the Pella’s WJI.

Did you do the install yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Shallow Minded View Post
    Did you do the install yourself?
    If this was directed at me....yes, myself and a couple of friends put them in over a weekend.

I just bought some for my house at Edisto. I ended up having to get them from Lowe’s because of turnaround time everywhere else.

Are you just changing the windows or doing siding too? If that’s the case you wanna use new construction.

Just windows, no siding. I’ll probably have a little metal work to wrap up but I’ve got a 12’ brake for that.

Victorbilt Palmetto series, if you want white its a 3 week lead time or so, and a breeze to install. There should be a dealer near conway

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    Victorbilt Palmetto series, if you want white its a 3 week lead time or so, and a breeze to install. There should be a dealer near conway
    PI Lumber. Use those and Anderson Silverline A good bit. The Anderson is a better window.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    PI Lumber. Use those and Anderson Silverline A good bit. The Anderson is a better window.
    Yep Forgot PI lumber could get them. Silverline isnt a bad window, Im just partial to the VB because the owner is a family friend and he doesnt half ass anything. We sell some silverline from time to time. Good budget window for sure.

FYI, Silverline is no longer an Andersen product. Palmetto is a good window for a coastal application. Will be worthwhile to check to see if you need a permit and if there are any wind/water performance codes required in your area.

FWIW we used window world on a house 15+ years ago. Last year cutting the grass blew a rock through one of them. Called the local place in Charleston with the tag number off the window, just wanting to order a replacement. They told me the warranty covered it, and would be made up. 4 weeks later had the new window, and $0 out of pocket. Don't know the cost comparison to Lowes products, but for a rental property it's an option.
    Last edited by SCFoxman; 08-14-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Roger that. I’ll touch base with PI as well. Used Anderson windows quite a bit in the late 80’s but wasn’t sure they kept their quality (much like everything else). Appreciate the info.

I used windowestore to replace all the windows in my house recently. Price was good, product is good, customer service was excellent. I知 happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrow View Post
    Have a rental property I’m updating and want to install new windows. I’m doing the installation myself but figured I’d see if the braintrust had any suggestions on brands. Lead times I’m getting are from 5-12 weeks, so need to pull the trigger soon to stay on schedule. Appreciate it.
    if you are in Columbia, call or stop by Stroud supply. Has a warehouse full and direct prices...

I’m around Charleston but will check out Stroud. Thanks for the heads up!

Contact Beach Window and Door in Calabash NC. They several different brands of windows as well as doors, molding, flooring etc. Millwork is all they do and they have a fleet of delivery trucks.

If your wood ain't rotted get you a good window company to replace the glass. Thank me later
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"