Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yankee migration.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I try to limit my interactions with people, especially yankees, but the majority of the carpetbaggers outside of Charleston, Columbia, or Charlotte are of sound political mind and don't want things to be the same as where they left. The more numerous opposition is the 20-30 year old vocal, liberal, native South Carolinian, and there is absolutely no reasoning with them.
    Spot on. The Yankees aren’t the problem. It’s local idiot children that get their political views from Facebook and a few semesters at the college of Charleston. The Subaru driving baby jogger pushing 20 and 30 somethings in every decent sized town in SC are not from up north and they aren’t voting republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Has it benefitted you? You tend to have frequent that do nothing to consele your good fortunes(as do most on here) and you seem to do well.
    Financially it has hurt me. It is tough to leave town for three week days a week for 5 months and have the same income. If you have a contested election it adds considerable time to the job. I have had 6 races in 14 years.

There are small perks. An occasional free lunch at a speaking engagement. An annual caucus event somewhere in SC. An invite to a ballgame.

Strangely though there are just as many times when a govt agency goes overboard to make sure they go by the book when I have dealings with them.

But I can't complain. My hard work has paid off and my children are thriving.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.