Thread: Iowa Corn

Default Iowa Corn

Didn't fair well] in the storms.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

My brother and his wife live in Iowa city and I think they are still without power. He said trees are down everywhere in town.

That sucks...

Saw video of my buddies place in northwest Oklahoma and he had a train that blew off the tracks Across the big field infront of his house. That’s some serious wind.

That just sucks. Been there.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Dang

There is millions of bushels of grain storage destroyed out there.

I talked with a friend north of Des Moines and they said their town looked like a war zone.

BE28FDCB-3982-4B9A-91DB-2E59EF701198.jpeg
    cut\'em

Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Serious shit. 2020...

JASPER COUNTY, Iowa —
    Early estimates indicate that 10 million acres of farmland was flatted Monday during the derecho, according to Gov. Kim Reynolds.

Reynolds said during her Tuesday news conference that the state estimates at least one third of Iowa crops sustained damage during the severe storms.

The devastation comes as a second blow to Iowa farmers already dealing with a trade war and the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jasper County farmer Brian Rumbaugh said Monday’s storm flattened most of his 450 acres of corn, destroying what he said would have been a good crop.

Rumbaugh said he has never seen a natural disaster comparable to the derecho in his 50 years of farming.

“This is the worst one I've ever had,” he said. “We had tornadoes go through a while back, tornadoes 300-400 feet wide, (but) this was everything.”

Rumbaugh said his crop insurance will likely make up for some of the losses, though other farmers may not be as lucky.

“It's probably 30-40 years I've had it, and thank God,” he said. “That's what you have insurance for is a failsafe, but I've never collected a dime … which is good. Now they owe me.”
    https://www.kcci.com/article/derecho...crops/33577652

The Chinese have struck again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Better book that deer corn now.

A derecho is a bad bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some farmers that also YouTube that are showing the devastation out there. Check out Cole the Corn Stars latest video. It''s incredible the damage.

Why is that corn in the first photo still so green? It seems late in the year for it to be so young.

Is there nothing that can be done to salvage it? Could it be silage chopped into animal feed or ethanol biomass? Of course with big silos flattened, even if it could be, there might be anywhere to store it.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2labs View Post
    There are some farmers that also YouTube that are showing the devastation out there. Check out Cole the Corn Stars latest video. It''s incredible the damage.
    Saw that last night. Crazy. You can go ahead and skip the first 5 minutes...

WOW. I have a married couple that are from Iowa and have ownership interest in a large family farm.

Man that is terrible

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

100 MPH straight line winds will flatten most anything.

Straight-Line Winds Picked Up Speed Across Iowa, Illinois

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Why is that corn in the first photo still so green? It seems late in the year for it to be so young.

Is there nothing that can be done to salvage it? Could it be silage chopped into animal feed or ethanol biomass? Of course with big silos flattened, even if it could be, there might be anywhere to store it.
    They plant 30-45 days later than us. Their crop will start to turn soon and be ready for harvest in about 30 days. As far as harvesting flat corn, you will tear up more equipment than you will gather crop. Put a fence around it and let some cows graze it but still issues with that.
    cut\'em