Thread: Outdoor shower build

Default Outdoor shower build

Going to build one at the lake.

Can’t decide if I will do it freestanding or add on the porch. Anyone done this before
    ? Will just use garden hose, don’t need cold water.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Sean

Add on to the porch. Get an LP tankless water heater. uses d-cell batteries to ignite it.

I did this at my house. I happened to have a good spot for one on the outside wall of the kitchen. Contractor was able to tap into the hotwater and coldwater lines under the sink and run them through the outer (vinyl siding) wall to a outdoor grade shower. I put up the 3 sided vinyl enclosure. Next I had concrete walkway poured from the back door to the outdoor shower enclosure door. I am putting in pavers on a bed of river rock inside the actual shower this weekend to wrap things up. With 3 kids and only a 2 bathroom house, it has already come in very handy at times, even though its not fully complete yet.

Edited to add: Be sure your shower fixture has a shutoff and a drain plug for cold weather. Winterizing takes less than 5 minutes.
    Last edited by EveryDay; 08-11-2020 at 11:11 AM.

I have not put one in at home yet, but I shower outside from March thru October at the beach-house. I much prefer it.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Thanks for tips !

We have an outside shower. The advice about putting in drain valves is vital. I repaired copper pipe and replaced the shower head a couple years before I got smart and added the little drain valves at ground level for winterizing.

Put a shower head on a hose so you can use it as a dog bath too. Dogs don't resist a bath nearly as much if it's not cold hose water.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    We have an outside shower. The advice about putting in drain valves is vital. I repaired copper pipe and replaced the shower head a couple years before I got smart and added the little drain valves at ground level for winterizing.

Put a shower head on a hose so you can use it as a dog bath too. Dogs don't resist a bath nearly as much if it's not cold hose water.
    My dog will fight you for the hose. No matter what time of year it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I built one several years ago at my in-laws beach house and preferred it to showering inside. It was roughly 4’x8’ with a wall that went halfway across the middle to keep the shower spray off of the bench and towel hook side. The bench was a great place to put a change of clothes. I would do that if you have the room.

In the heat on Murray we been doing it for over 28 years. No Salt. Got tired of it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"