Thread: Yellowstone/Montana rental rig

Default Yellowstone/Montana rental rig

My family just got back from Yellowstone. We camped in NF and in the park. We started planning this trip over a year ago and were excited we found this company. They mainly gear towards fly fishing, but the whole time I was thinking this would be the perfect out of state turkey hunt rig. The company is great and they take great care of their equipment. Even if you are going out for a fishing trip, you should check these rentals out.

This isn’t a paid referral from them. We paid full price and I would have happily paid more. It could easily sleep a family of 5. My wife and I could set up the entire tent complex in less than five minutes without needing a marriage counselor. Their website is https://hatchadventures.com/
    And if you want to see some pictures from our trip you can see the on Instagram @twodogoutdoors 5A63EF2E-1CD9-424B-8919-CD02D4DF34C0.jpg7AAA8586-2A00-400C-A769-6DFC9DD2213D.jpg

Man that’s pretty awesome. I’ve thought about doing something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Cost?

I think it is about 225 a day. Comes with chairs, cooler(yeti/comparable brand) stove, utensils and plates. Right now they are cheaper than renting an SUV from a rental company, but that changes with demand

I just checked, it was around 200 a day I think

That trip is on our short list. Going to wait for my youngest to be 5 before taking it on though.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

I just spent a while on their website, that is an awesome business idea. Already talking with a couple guys about putting a trip together.
    Formerly DM88

Really neat. “Marriage counselor” part was a good one. Just got back w our Taco camping off the grid in the Mononagahela NF, WVA. Tent with cots. Can’t sleep on the ground for more than a night or 2. Marriage still in tact

They need a branch on the east coast so we can rent here and drive it out there on a hunt trip. If that were the case i could sell half my crap and rent one of those each time
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

We are planning a trip now. We were trying to figure out how we wanted to camp/ and or cabin rentals as we will be there for about two weeks. I may be able to convince the wife for half the trip this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    They need a branch on the east coast so we can rent here and drive it out there on a hunt trip. If that were the case i could sell half my crap and rent one of those each time
    It’s not that difficult to add a roof top tent to a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    It’s not that difficult to add a roof top tent to a truck.
    Not the tent. I mean the whole vehicle and everything.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Not the tent. I mean the whole vehicle and everything.
    Sell a bronco, buy a Toyota, put a tent on it, good to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    We are planning a trip now. We were trying to figure out how we wanted to camp/ and or cabin rentals as we will be there for about two weeks. I may be able to convince the wife for half the trip this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It really is comfortable. The floor of the truck is decked to help with storage. They also have jeeps and a four runner you can rent also. I like being able to keep wet gear outside of the cab though

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Sell bronco to Britt...

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

If you want to read our review and see videos of setting it up, you can check it out here https://www.twodogoutdoors.com/post/...t-young-family

cool
    At least I'm housebroken.

Looks like a great trip.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles