Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I have to....

It’s not okay for elderly folks to expect younger people to wear masks but it’s okay for younger people to expect the elderly to remain confined to their homes? If we’re talking rights, it seems as if both are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    It’s not okay for elderly folks to expect younger people to wear masks but it’s okay for younger people to expect the elderly to remain confined to their homes? If we’re talking rights, it seems as if both are wrong.

No what's ok is for each of them to mind their business when they cross paths
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I don’t give a crap what anyone else does wear one, or don’t. Stay home, or not. It’s really none of my business I will decide what’s best for me and mine and expect you to do the same, or don’t I really don’t give a shit.

I have more important shit to worry about. I avoid most places and people like the plague (or Covid I should say) anyway, so it’s not much of an issue. If need to go somewhere and they require a mask? I put a fuckin mask on.

Really stupid all of this shit is mandated by the government. Some people have work to do! Get this sheep shit out of here and stay home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I have more important shit to worry about. I avoid most places and people like the plague (or Covid I should say) anyway, so it’s not much of an issue. If need to go somewhere and they require a mask? I put a fuckin mask on.

Really stupid all of this shit is mandated by the government. Some people have work to do! Get this sheep shit out of here and stay home!
    This here.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Smitch wins.
    Gulf

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
    Smitch wins.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    No actually. We’re not too big on the whole do as I say, not as I do thing, because ultimately, your children are going to emulate your actions, not just listen to whatever bs you tell them.
    I got my ass cut on the regular. You’re right tho, children do emulate their parents. At some point I’m sure I will have to cut my 2 week old sons ass. I’m sure it will hurt me as much as it does them, just like my daddy told me.

Part of this worlds problems is there aren’t enough children getting their ass busted with a belt.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 08-08-2020 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I have to say this, I mean, I just have to. I have always respected my elders and was taught to do so. I think that is a important virtue among good people. Once you become a self sufficient adult, wife, house, kids, paying taxes, etc, you earn the respect as an adult.

That said, since this whole Corona mess and mask wearing, I have had 2 old ladies, 65 plus, try to get on me for not wearing a mask in public. Example, I was in a small business on my lunch break and ran into an old family friend and fellow church member. As soon as we saw one another, the first thing out of her mouth was “where is your mask?” I reached in my pocket and pulled it out and then stuffed it back in my pocket. I said I keep one on me just in case I am required by a business to wear one. There were a couple of employees nearby so I said, “hey, do I have to wear a mask in here?” They said no. They weren’t even wearing one. Of course they are a lot younger than this lady patronizing their establishment. I told the lady I wasn’t letting the virus worry me and that there is so much conflicting information out there about the effectiveness of masks that I have chose not to wear one. I said people are accountable for their own protection so anyone who is worried can wear their own mask. She then asks me, “are you Democrat or Republican”. I say Republican of course. She said nothing and walked out the door.

I am all about respecting my elders but as an adult, fuck any elder that doesn’t respect me. I don’t owe you shit and don’t give me that “wear your mask out of respect for older folks” bullshit. I don’t owe older generations shit and they are the one fucking over younger generations. This lady probably been living on social security for years. Hell, I probably won’t ever see it. If I do, I’ll be like 75 yrs plus. The older I get, the more I realize that people are fucking crazy. Even ones you think were salt of the earth.
    You are a piece of work.Truly an idiot. I think the mask thing is pointles, but you are young and healthy, she is at much higher risk.How about showing just a little class and putting it on to put her at ease. You can take it off later. That last paragraph tells me all I need to know about you
    Last edited by scbulldog; 08-08-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I think everybody should drive 10 mph under the posted speed limit, just to be considerate.
    And I think everyone should drive 20 over just to be considerate- of my schedule.....now GTH out of my way

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    You are a piece of work.Truly an idiot. I think the mask thing is pointles, but you are young and healthy, she is at much higher risk.How about showing just a little class and putting it on to put her at ease. You can take it off later. That last paragraph tells me all I need to know about you
    Hard to argue with this. My in-laws are conservatives, old and a nervous wreck and I see how they are scared.
    Its just a mask, i put it on when asked and i take it off other times. It's not like a boat anchor around your neck.

It's funny that I know lots of old people 65-80 and none of them are scared of the virus- some take minor precautions, others none.
    Maybe it's the coincidence that I have no liberals in my circle.
    Maybe it's the coincidence that all were working folks- even the wealthy got there through hard work.
    Not uneducated folks either- they understand the risks and fully realize every time they get in a car their chances of dying in an accident far exceed their chances of dying from the virus.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...asks-dont-work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear it in businesses and public places...doesn’t matter to me if others choose to or not. Not sure it helps and not sure it doesn’t. No big deal.

She must have really gotten to you to let it stay on your mind then post about it here. Sounds like she won that round.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Hard to argue with this. My in-laws are conservatives, old and a nervous wreck and I see how they are scared.
    Its just a mask, i put it on when asked and i take it off other times. It's not like a boat anchor around your neck.
    You know how effed up this country is because of people being scared and people being offended? And I'm talking about before this mess started.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    ^this. And any other grown man who takes to a forum to complain sounding like a three year old girl.
    But it's fine for you, huh? Physician, heal thyself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    But it's fine for you, huh? Physician, heal thyself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    You know how effed up this country is because of people being scared and people being offended? And I'm talking about before this mess started.
    I will wear my mask when i go over to their house if it makes them feel better, i have other shit far more important to bitch about and more important that preaching to a 90 year old about "him being scared".
    By the way, I have seen their will............I wont be offending them