Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to....

Default I have to....

I have to say this, I mean, I just have to. I have always respected my elders and was taught to do so. I think that is a important virtue among good people. Once you become a self sufficient adult, wife, house, kids, paying taxes, etc, you earn the respect as an adult.

That said, since this whole Corona mess and mask wearing, I have had 2 old ladies, 65 plus, try to get on me for not wearing a mask in public. Example, I was in a small business on my lunch break and ran into an old family friend and fellow church member. As soon as we saw one another, the first thing out of her mouth was “where is your mask?” I reached in my pocket and pulled it out and then stuffed it back in my pocket. I said I keep one on me just in case I am required by a business to wear one. There were a couple of employees nearby so I said, “hey, do I have to wear a mask in here?” They said no. They weren’t even wearing one. Of course they are a lot younger than this lady patronizing their establishment. I told the lady I wasn’t letting the virus worry me and that there is so much conflicting information out there about the effectiveness of masks that I have chose not to wear one. I said people are accountable for their own protection so anyone who is worried can wear their own mask. She then asks me, “are you Democrat or Republican”. I say Republican of course. She said nothing and walked out the door.

I am all about respecting my elders but as an adult, fuck any elder that doesn’t respect me. I don’t owe you shit and don’t give me that “wear your mask out of respect for older folks” bullshit. I don’t owe older generations shit and they are the one fucking over younger generations. This lady probably been living on social security for years. Hell, I probably won’t ever see it. If I do, I’ll be like 75 yrs plus. The older I get, the more I realize that people are fucking crazy. Even ones you think were salt of the earth.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I’m wrong in my thinking, please explain.

Next time say you're a Democrat.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I'm all for individual liberties but the basis of liberty is not infringing on the liberties of others.

We, as a society, are going to have to establish whether spraying potentially harmful pathogens in the direction of another person is an infringement on their life/liberty.

I personally see both sides of the argument. I hate wearing a mask but I'll do it out of courtesy to others.

I don't think you're wrong. After all, it's your opinion.

I try to look it a situation like that and picture the older lady is my grandmother. If I think she would want me wearing it, I wear it. That perspective allows me to see it's just a mask and I'm doing it for her instead of some politician. If I made one old lady happy today by wearing my mask in the grocery store, then my day can't be all that bad.

If anyone asks why your aren't wearing a mask, you can gaurandamntee it's a liberal. So to that point, tell em to F off.

If you were going to be locked in a 6x6 room for fifteen minutes with someone that you knew had the WuFlu, would you rather both of you wear a mask, or not?

Complaining about someone going maskless when you can just remove yourself from their immediate area is equivalent to calling the cops on thong wearers at Myrtle Beach.

That being said I do wear a mask inside most all businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    If you were going to be locked in a 6x6 room for fifteen minutes with someone that you knew had the WuFlu, would you rather both of you wear a mask, or not?
    At this point, I want to catch it so I can just get it the fuck over with. I’m 99% certain I’ve been exposed to it already but I’m not going to get tested regardless because i think it’s horseshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Will send flowers

On a work call today, someone said they taught their children to shame people not wearing masks in public. I said, "have them try that on me." The call went silent.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    because i think it’s horseshit.
    Its complete horseshit and it makes me grit my teeth. I’m done with it. It’s over as far as I’m concerned.

Good thing 2th don't internet on Friday.

Good Lord willing and the creek don’t rise I’m about to turn age 62. Once I turned 60 !I figure I have a right to say whatever the fuck I want whenever I want I earned it! With that said you should have bitch slap the old geezer regardless of her age!����
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 08-07-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    On a work call today, someone said they taught their children to shame people not wearing masks in public. I said, "have them try that on me." The call went silent.
    What are you going to do, confront the kid when they shame you?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Good Lord willing and the creek don’t rise I’m about to turn age 62. Once I turned 60 !I figure I have a right to say whatever the fuck I want whenever I want I earned it! With that said you should have bitch slap the old geezer regardless of her age!����
    This one caught me so off guard. I have always thought highly of this woman and her deceased husband. I always thought they were great people. Before this virus shit she would greet me with a hug and ask about my family...then she comes at me with this shit!!! Wtf! Either this virus scare is making people crazy or bringing out their true colors. I’m hoping this lady is just under extreme anxiety and duress from the worry and truly did not mean to come across as an asshole. What gets me is she fucking asked me “was I Democrat or Republican”. Who the fuck asks that kind of shit?

There was an employee of this business who was standing nearby and heard our conversation. She was like, “I’m so sorry, I can’t believe how that lady was acting.” I told her me neither and that I knew her pretty well and that she was acting totally out of character.”
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 08-07-2020 at 03:31 PM.

I feel that if an individual is truly scared they should stay the fuck at home. The rest of us have shit to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I feel that if an individual is truly scared they should stay the fuck at home. The rest of us have shit to do.
    Amen, brother, amen.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.