Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Edisto

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Sadly the OPO is a dumpster fire now.
    I am surprised to hear that there is even a "now". It's been nearly a decade since the last time we went, one of us got blackeyed peas that were cold and you could still see the can marks.

What a shame...

Dockside seafood is pretty good. Better than whaleys. Waterfront just makes me feel like I'm in myrtle beach.

take boat to a sandbar......and enjoy

It bothers me more than it should that Waterfront restaurant isn’t, well,.....waterfront.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Seacow for breakfast

Mckoneys fir cheap PBR and fish tacos.

Edisto ain’t what it once was. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Edisto ain’t what it once was. Period.
    No doubt about that. I liked it better when nobody wanted to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We tried a couple of the restaurants but wasn't too impressed. Maybe we didn't hit the right places. Last trip we went we picked up several pounds of shrimp at Flowers. Crab legs were on sale at the bi-lo so we got a few pounds of those, some kielbasa, potatoes and corn. Liked to have ate myself to death. Beach is nice and laid back. That's why folks tell you to go somewhere else, to keep it that way.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It bothers me more than it should that Waterfront restaurant isn’t, well,.....waterfront.

It used to be. It started out in the space the Briny swine is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Ya reckon?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

That's the rumor. I don't care much for waterfront except for the salad bar at lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    No doubt about that. I liked it better when nobody wanted to go

Truth

I grew up going there, first job ever was with BoBo at the pavilion. Spent many nights at dockside when i got old enough (19-20). Went to college with F. Flowers and participated in several of the 4th of July rituals. It’s still fun, but nothing like it use to be! Family still lives on Myrtle and Oyster Factory. I still like it, but it’s different. Bailey Island dog hunts hold a special place in my heart. Enjoy yourself, it’s still one of the most low key beaches around.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Drakey. We were just there a couple weeks back. I really like the place. To me, the restaurants are average, nothing awesome but not bad either. McConkey’s has a decent burger and the Seacow breakfast is good. To me Edisto, is just a place to unplug and relax - not a place to go for dining experiences. We cooked most days. I fish down off the pier back near Marina and a lot of people fish down on the beach at the sound. If you want a normal beach, go back towards the main drag off Palmetto Blvd. The sound end is really nice in the late afternoon/early evening. No hotels or chain restaurants. It’s just a laid back place with no stress and not too crowded. Hope y’all have fun.

My first trips as a kid were in a single wide trailer with no a/c and sand spurs from hell a couple streets back Off Palmetto. Life was simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    My first trips as a kid were in a single wide trailer with no a/c and sand spurs from hell a couple streets back Off Palmetto. Life was simple.
    We stayed in the airstream my the family’s house was being built. I think my grandad paid 10k for the lot or something close.

The trailer king, arcade, and putt putt gone forever! Bingo will be next, or at least the $.50 cokes and snickers!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

There is a new place in Hollywood called Roxbury Mercantile. You can’t miss it straight across from a big ass boat in the trees. I’ve not personally had anything there, but friends of mine said it was very good. May be worth a shot.

After living on the South end of Garden City for bout 25 off and on depending on the season I got to say never been to Edisto. We going if we can find a place just for the wife and I. Just saying if anybody has a spot for cash we in
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Are there any campgrounds besides the State Park down there? Wanting to go, but we camp more now than we ever have.

Steve