Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? about cell trail cameras

Default ? about cell trail cameras

So, the wife bought me one the other day, so far so good. Actually, I would like another one. Do you have to pay the subscription for each camera if they are the same brand? What if the cameras are different brands?

THanks!
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 08-07-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Y'all, Cromer has posted a good question. Let's hear what y'all know. Under my knee less circumstances, I'm interested in the same.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Each camera has it's own plan...Unless you go with the cuddeback cuddelink system. That's a mesh network of cameras. One camera, the home camera or mother ship, gathers pictures from all cameras and sends them out. The home camera is the only needed with service, but it's more expensive...but you can network in like 23 camera.

Damn that could get expensive!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I have 2 Exodus Render cell cams. Pretty sure I can put up to 10 cameras on the same plan.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Damn that could get expensive!
    starter package of 4 cameras for cuddeback is $750...unlimited data plan maybe $30/month

I have 8 of the Cuddelink Cameras and the system works great. Don't think the quality is anything you are going to frame but works well. The new software let's you control the system externally for settings, forcing a picture to be taken, or clearing the SD Card. Good upgrade for sure.

I am running the Tactacam Reveal.

$120 a year for unlimited photos and $96 for each additional camera under the same unlimited plan. You can also pay month to month.

They have other less expensive plans for X number of photos per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Put another tick for me on the tactacam reveal. I have 2. Before that I had the cuddelink system and it was hot garbage. Maybe it’s improved but the camera interface is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Put another tick for me on the tactacam reveal. I have 2. Before that I had the cuddelink system and it was hot garbage. Maybe it’s improved but the camera interface is terrible.
    How is battery life with the taticam - real world? I know you can take the duration a battery lasts now and cut it in 1/3 as soon as we hit freezing, but I’d love to have a cell cam for this time of year.

The one my wife bought me was Sam’s version of the fusion made by stealth cam. It was really easy to set up and I think they charge monthly or yearly and the charge depends on the number of images. When I’m looking for a trail camera I want to company who has damn good customer service and stealth cam has been pretty good. I’ve only had it about a week so time will tell whether it’s worth a shit or not.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I have the cuddeback cuddelink system and the cameras are terrible. Battery lasts maybe a month and that is on a trail not feeder. The idea and system sounds great but daisy chaining them together does not always work.

I have 3 cameras and have sent 3 back (1 they returned to me still didn’t work). I bought them each for $160 . Total waste of money. I have only had for a year as well. Kind of hope they get stolen or something to force me to buy something different....

Damn that’s funny just take them to the hood somebody will steal them I’m sure
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    I have the cuddeback cuddelink system and the cameras are terrible. Battery lasts maybe a month and that is on a trail not feeder. The idea and system sounds great but daisy chaining them together does not always work.

I have 3 cameras and have sent 3 back (1 they returned to me still didn’t work). I bought them each for $160 . Total waste of money. I have only had for a year as well. Kind of hope they get stolen or something to force me to buy something different....
    Battery life is all about the set up.

Does anybody have experience with Moultrie Mobile and the XV XA 7000i?

I got one that I haven’t set up yet. The only negative reviews I could find were about the trigger being hypersensitive. However, I wonder how many of those Trail Cam Homers had them set up incorrectly.

I have the moultrie 6000xv, it worked great for the first 4 days out the box. Haven't got a pic in a week or so tho.

more customer service and online reviews.
    will yall ever learn?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Battery life is all about the set up.
    What do you mean?

I have the MoultrieMobile. I think it works good. No issue in around 3 years of running it. And battery life does depend upon setup, meaning how often it uploads pics, signal quality, sensitivity settings, image quality and time between photos.