Thread: Electric Gates

Default Electric Gates

Looking to install an electric security gate w/ keypad on a small community boat ramp. Anyone have any experience, suggestions?

If you want to DIY, head over to tractor supply and get a mighty mule setup. They should have what you're looking for.

Guardian Gates in Columbia did ours years ago. Old gate now and still running. Used constantly. Had one issue when it was determined a couple of strange guys were forcing it open for a secluded parking place. Taken to court under DNR property watch.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Just installed a mighty nuke system on my new driveway. You can but and program as many remotes as you want and out multiple codes in the keypad. Pretty nice setup for around $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Just installed a mighty nuke system on my new driveway. You can but and program as many remotes as you want and out multiple codes in the keypad. Pretty nice setup for around $600

You had power ran when you built right?

If you do a powered gate get solar. Hard wired gates are easily damaged by lightning. Ours at work gets damaged several times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    You had power ran when you built right?
    No. Solar panel on the post, and a deep cycle battery. Read too many bad reviews on the hard wire ones. I think it’s bc the factory transformer doesn’t have a ground. I ain’t got to worry about digging up my solar panel in the future either

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I had a solar powered Mighty Mule that worked great on my 14 ft. Driveway gate.....until some methhead scrap metal collector thought he needed the closer and gate more than me.

It wasn’t very hard to install....and apparently wasn’t hard for him to uninstall with a battery powered sawzall.