Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance

Default Health Insurance

Who on here deals with this BULLSHIT. Please PM me. I need to talk. Tks.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Fuzzy does

I think that there is a career opportunity out there for someone to deal with other people's insurance for them.

In that I mean that I would pay someone $XXX per year to be familiar with my policy and advise me on it and deal with all of the billing and reimbursements. I know that there have been years when I paid more than I should have over my deductible, copays, max out of pocket, etc. When you're dealing with a major health issue for yourself or a loved one, the last thing that you want to do or have the time and energy to do is to fight with the billing dept at the hospital or the doctors that are tasked with keeping you alive.

Probably not worth it every year for the average joe, but if you're fighting a major issue, it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Probably not worth it every year for the average joe, but if you're fighting a major issue, it would be.
    I think there is a real opportunity. I have known too many people that simply with phone calls and questioning hospital bills had huge chunks removed, some overcharges and some legitimate charges just wiped clean. Now dealing with the insurance companies? Good luck. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I pay people to do all that.. I fired my last guy about eight years ago when his secretary told me to call call BCBS and straighten it out. I'm not typically like that, but I feel like I made him cry. You've got to shop those things, mine still is going up 16 percent this year.

Luckily I've been healthy. I'm fighting a neck issue and need an MRI that I have a script for. To get it "pre-authorized" by insurance is a pain in the rear. I asked the Filipino guy that handled my call, "Do you think I want to get one for the fun of it? When would you not pre-authorize it?" No response other than following process. I can go to any doctor I like without a referral but tests have to be pre-authorized when ordered by a doctor.

Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I think that there is a career opportunity out there for someone to deal with other people's insurance for them.

In that I mean that I would pay someone $XXX per year to be familiar with my policy and advise me on it and deal with all of the billing and reimbursements. I know that there have been years when I paid more than I should have over my deductible, copays, max out of pocket, etc. When you're dealing with a major health issue for yourself or a loved one, the last thing that you want to do or have the time and energy to do is to fight with the billing dept at the hospital or the doctors that are tasked with keeping you alive.

There are companies that do that. My last employer offered it as a perk. They would basically look at all your bills and make sure you were billed correctly and if not, fix it for you. It was pretty nice especially if you had a surgery, etc. and you got bills from 10 different providers.

You have to remember that as bad as the system sucks, that people suck too...

I intimately know of an employee that owed $250k to the hospital system for issues with a special needs birth. His employer went to bat with friends on the hospital board, pulled some strings and got that debt totally expunged. 5 years later, he was contacted by an attorney out of the blue and they sued the hospital system claiming that it was the health care provider's fault that the child had special needs. The system settled for 4 times the money that they were owed in the first place...

There ain't enough money in this world to make me even entertain the idea! I got out of health insurance sales the time Obama care kicked in. I'm so much happier now!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I do it. Sending PM now

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I pay people to do all that.. I fired my last guy about eight years ago when his secretary told me to call call BCBS and straighten it out. I'm not typically like that, but I feel like I made him cry. You've got to shop those things, mine still is going up 16 percent this year.
    It is total BS!
    I'm sick of it....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I mean a family of five with a decent plan.. that's like beach house money when you work for yourself.

I mean a family of five with a decent plan.. that's like beach house money when you work for yourself.
    Yep! Just got a quote for $2,200 a month for four of us!!!

Damn right.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Guys I actually just went ahead and paid for the sponsorship on this site. I’ve got to send JAB some info and he will be posting about it. Just want y’all to know what y’all are complaining about(rightfully so) we do free of charge. You get a bill, you send it to us and we take a look at it and deal with insurance company and the provider to make sure it gets squared away. We do that for all of our clients whether it’s the business owner, employee, or an individual policy. We help individuals both under and over 65 and groups from 2-200 employees. It is our job to know your benefits and educate your employees not yours. If y’all have questions or want us to help take a look at things please feel free to reach out.

You need a teacher wife.... Shit is awesome!!!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Yep.

I got a nurse wife, solid insurance.

I got a nurse wife and my sawmill insurance is WAY better than their shit