Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: To My Georgetown Peeps...

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Oh...they do
    Oh I know. That mill and the steel mill supported my family since they’ve been open. All my uncles and my dad either worked at the steel mill or the paper mill or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I’ve got this awesome recording of an old native georgetonian telling a story about the paper mill.

Pretty awesome to hear as he died in the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its smells funny
    Once you get past the smell you got it licked. Wait that applies to something else I think

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its smells funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    It’s not so bad once ya get used to it
    Thats what she said.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    I’m a real estate broker here and the market is as crazy as it’s ever been.
    I thought you were an arms dealer.
    Carolina Counsel

I hear Ramsey Grove is for sale.

We live in Willow Bank. We love Georgetown, plenty of good restaurants/bars on front street but still the small town feel. Lots of good access for hunting and fishing as well. Houses in Georgetown are pretty reasonable north of here it gets pricier. Please just don’t tell the Yankees anymore about it. We don’t need anymore around here.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I thought you were an arms dealer.
    Everything is for sale- I try and get while the gettin is good!

My brother and cousin both live on the marsh in Willowbank. Nice neighborhood and some decent units for sale. My other cousin is selling her house in Maryville on South Bay street but is probably a little more house than what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    My brother and cousin both live on the marsh in Willowbank. Nice neighborhood and some decent units for sale. My other cousin is selling her house in Maryville on South Bay street but is probably a little more house than what you are looking for.
    Long as I’ve known your cousin he’s lived in there! That really is a great little neighborhood

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    I’m a real estate broker here and the market is as crazy as it’s ever been.
    Good to know. I may holler at you. In your opinion, are there any deals to be had? Or is it like everywhere else, where houses are going under contract in1-2 days for 103% of the asking price?

The town of Georgetown is held together with dog shit and bubblegum. I’d live there

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    The town of Georgetown is held together with dog shit and bubblegum. I’d live there
    That needs to be on a billboard

Lmao. Damn I miss that place...

I lived down South Island towards the ferry. I’d move back tomorrow given the chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

i'd go live near/on the black river somewhere...

punny, huh?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Good to know. I may holler at you. In your opinion, are there any deals to be had? Or is it like everywhere else, where houses are going under contract in1-2 days for 103% of the asking price?
    I’m starting to look for a house now. It seems that just about anything decent for a reasonable price has a contract in 2-3 days and is usually at or above asking.
    For the ducks

I really like the area a lot and would move there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Good stuff definitely sells quick. Not necessarily over ask with bidding wars but better be prepared to make a move on something if it’s what you are looking for. Happy to help in anyway I can.

Default To My Georgetown Peeps...

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I bought a little place in the Maryville area a few years back. I know a lot of folks scoff at that part of Georgetown, but I like it. It's quiet, it only takes me an hour to get there from home, has six feet plus of water at dead low tide, and I can be on Front Street in about 10-15 minutes by boat. It was also a lot cheaper that what I would have paid for a place on Lake Marion.

Along those lines though, the house needs some work. Any recommendations? I need to have deck torn down and redone, along with some plumbing and electrical.
    My brother may be able to help. We from chas but my mom is from gtown (most of her side of the family all still live there) and he recently moved outside mclellanville and wants to pick up work in gtown. Licensed contractor. PM me if you want his number.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 08-06-2020 at 04:13 PM.