Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SC Teacher's Survey

Most teachers and their Unions are pawns for the Progressive Liberal movement. I said what I said..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    That would be the result of crappy parenting, nothing more, nothing less.
    Shit, my kid did way better at home than he did in school. Does that mean I'm a crappy parent or good?

Teaching is a gravy train with biscuit wheels. Plenty of friends and family and none are real go getters. All bitch about how bad it’s is, and how it’s too soon to go back, while at the beach, pool etc. IF they were so concerned about the kids they would be fighting to get back to work, cause at last count there are about 16000 kids unaccounted for since Kung Flu began.
    The kids that need it the most aren’t getting it.
    FWIW my wife was a teacher, and then became a nurse, no comparison in work load.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Yeah I would say that the bad test scores are more a reflection of bad parenting than bad teaching. We can argue it all day, but most studies show that if a child doesn't have a strong foundation at home, they'll always struggle in school (as in everything, there are exceptions to the rule). Your long hours are an exception. And if you weren't on here during the day you probably wouldn't have to work as many hours. My earlier comments were geared toward the normal working person.
    Standardized tests are bull-O-Knee.....

Listen man, you're probably married to a teacher and that's great, but it doesn't discount the majority being in Unions and pushing liberal propaganda..

In my hayday, I primarily engaged sexual intercourse with teachers and nurses, because they weren't very smart.. Most weren't smart, they had sex with me for crying out loud.. But really, why should they make more money.. If they did make more money, would they be inclined to come back to school during a pandemic that has over a 99% survival rate? Because money aint everything and what not..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

It all started with this no child left behind bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

with remy's philosophy, no kid of a single parent has a chance? Well, that sucks. Why do we put so much money into a system that is failed from the beginning?

or, is it possible that personal choice far outweighs who parents you?

Its an interesting debate....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    with remy's philosophy, no kid of a single parent has a chance? Well, that sucks. Why do we put so much money into a system that is failed from the beginning?

or, is it possible that personal choice far outweighs who parents you?

Its an interesting debate....
    I never mention single parents, only poor parenting (could come from single or dual parent household). I believe in personal choice, but a lot of how you choose is based on the foundation you receive from your parents and surroundings. Again, exceptions to everything.

Just wait until online, fully automated schools arrive on the scene. Run by computer programs, the need for teachers will no longer be an issue and they will all be able to stay safe at home or pool or grocery store, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post

In my hayday, I primarily engaged sexual intercourse with teachers and nurses, because they weren't very smart.. Most weren't smart, they had sex with me for crying out loud.
    We used to call them "low hanging fruit"....

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    We used to call them "low hanging fruit"....
    I called them "prey".
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I called them "prey".
    Lol

We all make our own beds, we all need to lay in them
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    We all make our own beds, we all need to lay in them
    If you’re looking for company, I hear teachers and nurses are pretty easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a rising sentiment and completely wrong.

Someone must spend at least 4 years in college to attain a degree to teach. Teacher's salaries are well documented and can be found at the click of a button. So I ask you, why should someone do a job that they selected to do, knowing the pay, in a subpar fashion?
    I agree completely and I've been an educator in SC for 25 years. It's a wonderful career. Attitude is everything and a positive one makes all the difference. I gently tell colleagues who are unhappy that there are tougher jobs with worse pay for 9-month contracts. Many get my point, others keep complaining. I love our latest principal; his unofficial mission statement is "stop focusing on the mountains you cannot move and just love and teach kids." He's a breath of fresh air, urging all of us to only address what we CAN change [classroom atmosphere, effective methodology].

There are teachers who teach because they love it and want to make a difference, then their are those who want summers off and the other perks that come along with it. Sadly there are not many of the first type left
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Teaching is a gravy train with biscuit wheels. Plenty of friends and family and none are real go getters. All bitch about how bad it’s is, and how it’s too soon to go back, while at the beach, pool etc. IF they were so concerned about the kids they would be fighting to get back to work, cause at last count there are about 16000 kids unaccounted for since Kung Flu began.
    The kids that need it the most aren’t getting it.
    FWIW my wife was a teacher, and then became a nurse, no comparison in work load.
    I cannot wait to be back in the building with students. I even miss the challenging kids.

Whether we begin face to face or with online learning until the reported levels of infection go down, we're going to do our very best for kids. I know I have a fantastic career and I'm extremely thankful. I'm retiring in 3 to 5 years and I decided two years ago to finish even better than I started.

I know I seem to have drank the kool aid to many of my colleagues but why be miserable with one's own choice? Make the best of it, do the best one can at it.

Praise Sweet Baby Jesus, my girls will be back in the classroom five days a week starting Aug 31!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Praise Sweet Baby Jesus, my girls will be back in the classroom five days a week starting Aug 31!
    He was a man. He had a beard.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

SC for ED sucks and is full of shit per my wife and she is a teacher.

Notice the the districts with the most vacancy's are the shittiest run. Go figure.

I will say the she told me about several teachers that retired due to not wanting to put up with the BS going on in the district due to covid or health conditions as they were working past their retirement vestment years.

And alot of whiners and contradictory rules. Admin is just pulling crap out of their asses.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.