Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 800K to 1.3 Million March in Germany "Masks Make Us Slaves"

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    For gods sakes man please try to keep up. The article specifically says that masks don’t stop “particles” the size of the virus which are contained in “expelled droplets”. Thus they get out and in even if wearing a mask. Also there is NO regulation on what type of mask you can/have to wear, also a point being made by Mergie. You can pretty much go in anywhere wearing a fishing buff as a mask, which also doesn’t do jack shit to stop virus size particles. Point is, it’s ALL BULLSHIT!!!! Agree With you Mergie. 2th I’m sure Doc’s wear masks for liability reasons in surgery if they cough or sneeze in a sterile field. Do you not wear one normally when you’re sick and seeing patients?
    I’m trying to. First off I’d bet few if any on this site can have a true educated opinion on this.

Where does it say anything other than addressing data from inhalation and referencing virus size vs smoke particle size? Masks don’t stop you from getting/inhaling the virus they mitigate some of the distance you are able to spread it if you are ill. Do you get moisture inside your mask after wearing it? there is your evidence it is slowing some of it.

I am not saying I am in favor of mandatory masks or that they Are the answer. We will likely Never have enough data to know if it makes a notable difference or not but to say they do nothing at all but government mind control is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    A genuine Bull Cook Duck Call made of southern yellow pine. Best sounding call I’ve ever heard. It’s worth many hundreds of something.
    I got a Bull Cook survival book that I love. Lots of nitrates.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

North Carolina(and certainly several other states) have had the mask ordinance in effect for about six weeks. Still waiting on their cases to start that nosedive down...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    A genuine Bull Cook Duck Call made of southern yellow pine. Best sounding call I’ve ever heard. It’s worth many hundreds of something.
    Craftsmanship rarely found on this earth...

COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) particle is 0.125 micrometers (μm); influenza virus size is 0.08 – 0.12 μm; a human hair is about 150 μm.

*1 nm = 0.001 micron; 1000 nm = 1 micron; Micrometer (μm) is the preferred name for micron (an older term)

*Data from a University of Illinois at Chicago review

< https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...sed-sound-data >

• HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters – 99.97 – 100% efficient. HEPA filters are tested with particles that are 0.125 μm.
    • Masks and respirators work by collecting particles through several physical mechanisms, including diffusion (small particles) and interception and impaction (large particles)
    • N95 filtering facepiece respirators (FFRs) are constructed from electret (a dielectric material that has a quasi-permanent electric charge. An electret generates internal and external electric fields so the filter material has electrostatic attraction for additional collection of all particle sizes. As flow increases, particles will be collected less efficiently.
    • N95 – A properly fitted N95 will block 95% of tiny air particles down to 0.3 μm from reaching the wearer’s face.

< https://www.honeywell.com/en-us/news...asks-explained >

• But even these have problems: many have exhalation valve for easier breathing and less moisture inside the mask.
    • Surgical masks are designed to protect patients from a surgeon’s respiratory droplets, aren’t effective at blocking particles smaller than 100 μm.

< https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us >

♦ Filter efficiency was measured across a wide range of small particle sizes (0.02 to 1 µm) at 33 and 99 L/min.
    • N95 respirators had efficiencies greater than 95% (as expected).
    • T-shirts had 10% efficiency,
    • Scarves 10% to 20%,
    • Cloth masks 10% to 30%,
    • Sweatshirts 20% to 40%, and
    • Towels 40%.

♦ All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 µm, a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs.

♦ Another study evaluated 44 masks, respirators, and other materials with similar methods and small aerosols (0.08 and 0.22 µm).
    • N95 FFR filter efficiency was greater than 95%.
    • Medical masks – 55% efficiency
    • General masks – 38% and
    • Handkerchiefs – 2% (one layer) to 13% (four layers) efficiency.

♦ Conclusion: Wearing masks will not reduce SARS-CoV-2.
    • N95 masks protect health care workers, but are not recommended for source control transmission.
    • Surgical masks are better than cloth but not very efficient at preventing emissions from infected patients.
    • Cloth masks will be ineffective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as personal protective equipment (PPE).
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Just a reminder.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-07-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Just a reminder.
    Just so I can be a pain....

Per the cited study: The PFE test is a quality indicator for healthcare surgical/procedure masks. The PFE test is not an indicator of respiratorprotection performance.

I am NOT saying that a mask, especially some of what qualifiEs as a mask, can block the virus alone due to the size. But when the virus is contained in a much larger water droplet/solution that CAN be stopped, or distance spread limited, that is where the mask seems to do something.

I am open to being proven wrong though.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 08-07-2020 at 09:54 AM.

What the hell is a Covid particle? It's a virus, like a "unit". Breathing doesn't cut the virus into particles. The virus comes out your mouth in droplets (liquid), not particles. So any source referring to Covid particles sounds questionable.