Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A new knee

Quit being a pussy and just cut your leg off at the knee and be done with it
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Two of the pain killers taken at midnite do not make it until 6 in the AM. Need to wake up halfway through and reload.
    I wake my wife up at 3 am to take one she had knee surgery 3 weeks ago. But she also has to have another to rebuild her ACL and MCL.

First day of deer season I have ever missed since i started deer hunting. More than 50 years.....
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

This is miserable. At least spypoint is set up. Gerring pics of multiple does and yearlings. A buck has shown back up. 2:06 AM.

The meds only last a few hours. Have not slept through the night yet.

More PR tomorrow. New tricks to be learned.

I know things are getting better but the left leg is a constant reminder.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I didnt hunt. Or complain.
    all weekend.

that shit is true
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I didnt hunt. Or complain.
    all weekend.

that shit is true
    You broke my tractor tire.

Cash is fine.

2nd day of any noticeable pain decrease. 2 weeks after the event. And of course the pain is muffled by the oxycrap. Knee is as stiff as a 4x4.

dont you have someone's checkbook to balance?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2nd day of any noticeable pain decrease. 2 weeks after the event. And of course the pain is muffled by the oxycrap. Knee is as stiff as a 4x4.
    Patten, based on my mom's experience with her knee replacement, you may want to talk to your rehab person about getting the knee free'd up. If scar tissue encapsulates it they'll have to go back in and break things lose, etc. When they did it to my mom they ended up breaking her femur in the process. Keep after the exercises, buddy!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Good luck!
    Make sure to take that stool softener with those Pain Killers.
    Those suck. May as well be wiping a grease gun full out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    How is it today?
    Did your Doc give you the list of things not to do after having a knee replacement?
    Mine. I had to close my gunbroker account down.

Woodie, it bends more every day. And it hurts. Doc seems to think I'm doing as well as I should. I got outside today to go to docs office.

Deer stands are out of the question for a while.

Woodie, it bends more every day. And it hurts. Doc seems to think I'm doing as well as I should. I got outside today to go to docs office.

Deer stands are out of the question for a while.
    That’s great to hear. Keep it moving and you’ll be running around in no time.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I have now got a complete history of all semi automatic pistols and AR style long guns through the John Wicke series. 3, if not 4, times. There are some some Sharpe knife moves in these flicks. Not a chick flick many of yall would prefer. Back to knees tomorrow.....

Elevate knee higher than your heart. Perform ankle pumps and quad sets while elevated. Ice. Swelling is the source of pain and stiffness.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Elevate knee higher than your heart. Perform ankle pumps and quad sets while elevated. Ice. Swelling is the source of pain and stiffness.
    I have been told that. The PT thinks I am doing right well there. I've been given the go ahead for laps in the driveway.

I'm very gld I have a bed to myself with this going on. The spare bedroom really helps. There is so much tossing and turning to accommodate this damn knee.

I'm about 30 minutes away from the installation of a new right knee. Left another day. I'll post up as I can....
    So your about 6 weeks from your knee replacement. How the recovery going? Do you still need a crutch?
    My wife goes in for a partial on 10/8 getting her knee cap replaced.
    @ Ortho Carolina in Charlotte. Novant health.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No but I carry it to remind myself to take it easy. Stairs are not truly easy yet. I will attempt a deer stand one step at the time. Sitting still sucks. Basically the knee is weak and it has to be built back up.

The surgeon said I would be up but he made it sound easier than it is. But things are getting better. Now I've bills to pay.

Keeping in mind that both knees are bad, at this point I am looking forward to fixing the other to get all this crap over with. One knee is weak but it does not hurt quite as bad as the other knee now.

Sleeping at night sucks.