Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new knee

Good luck!
    Make sure to take that stool softener with those Pain Killers.
    Windows Down!

How is it today?
    Did your Doc give you the list of things not to do after having a knee replacement?

About to check out. 29 hours later. Service was great while here. More to come later. Pain does suck. First PT treatment is far from light.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    About to check out. 29 hours later. Service was great while here. More to come later. Pain does suck. First PT treatment is far from light.
    Just push right through the PT- pain is only temporary- I never took pain meds for mine after leaving the hospital. Proper elevation of the leg is important.

My dad had a double knee replacement done a few years ago at 57 years old. He wad playing tennis again in 6 weeks. Take the PT serious and push yourself but don’t over do it. Those cold water knee things are the tits. He still uses his after playing in big tennis tournaments and stuff to help recover. Hell i have borrowed it a few times. I have needed a new right knee since 21. Im 35 now. Doctor said he wouldn’t do the replacement till im 50. He can kiss my ass because im not going to make it another 15 years without one. Wish ya the best.

Fucked up. Home health is telling all kinds of stuff and no beer.

Actually she makes sense of information.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

No beer = Tito's time....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    No beer = Tito's time....
    How is that stuff??

Had a few beers. Friggin hurts. Good and iced up.
    Last edited by rp; 08-06-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Day 5. Up and down is not as painful but not easy. Right leg is a worthless chunk of meat I'm keeping on ice to take down swelling
    . Finally got t sleep for an extended period. Think exhaustion won out. Travel is limited to inside only and no stairs.

Get well buddy!

Too damn bad they didn’t give you a new brain you really needed that more than a new knee!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Too damn bad they didn’t give you a new brain you really needed that more than a new knee!!
    No one has said that about you here have they. Couldn't have come up with that by yourself.

Not sure what happened last night. Around 330 in AM, it felt like some ran the right side of my knee down a washboard. Been stoned out if the mind all day. No sleep since event. PT coming in tomorrow.

This crap hurts.

Hind sight, wonder if I should have done this sooner making for an easier recovery for younger person.

Hind sight, wonder if I should have done this sooner making for an easier recovery for younger person.
    Actually, I have heard that recovery is harder on a young person because all their ligaments and such are tighter.
    Last edited by MKW; 08-12-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Interesting...

Default A new knee

I had a full knee replacement at 46 and my recovery time was the same as the 60 year old who went through PT with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by boondoggle; 08-12-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

My brother has significant swelling a year later, just saying.
    Low country redneck who moved north

some people are just poosies
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Two of the pain killers taken at midnite do not make it until 6 in the AM. Need to wake up halfway through and reload.