Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A new knee

Default A new knee

I'm about 30 minutes away from the installation of a new right knee. Left another day. I'll post up as I can....
    Last edited by rp; 08-05-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Good luck. Good news is they will have you up and walking a few hours after the whole ordeal is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Cute nurse.

Some folks have said I'd be up. Others say take fill advantage of pain meds. Been off of all knee meds which are high power ibuprofen for a week now. I didn't realize how much they helped. Barely could stand this AM.

Doc is appearing in a bit to tell me all that's gonna happen.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I’m pretty sure those pain meds will be needed but make sure you do what the PT’s say about moving that thing, especially when you get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

You got this. Both of my parents had both of theirs replaced, when they were in their 70s.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Good luck Ol Man.

You'll be walking to the local Bonefish in no time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

KRT called and said you could have the durango....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Good luck today, RP. My father had both of his replaced a few weeks apart several years ago. It gave him a new lease on life and he is one of the most active 70 something-year-old‘s I know now.

Dad was about ready to give up deer hunting 20 years ago...two new knees later and he's killing deer solo in his early 80's. It was like magic.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Prayers up. Good luck.

good luck rp

Good luck, and prayers up.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Hope the surgery is a success. Call me if you need anything I’m still working from home for the most part.

Good luck to you, rp,

Just follow their orders on rehab!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    make sure you do what the PT’s say about moving that thing, especially when you get home.
    Move it more than they say, what they say is a minimum, best to do 3X what they want. If you don't bare through the PT pain it can end up worse than before the surgery.

Good Luck

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Good luck my wife is in her 3rd week of pt after having hers done and she is doing great.

You will learn to hate/love your PT. Drugs are your friend but only to get you back to zero. God speed, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I had mine “fixed” a couple of years ago for the last time before I’m due a replacement. During pre-op my surgeon told me that I was going to walk out of there that afternoon. I looked at him in disbelief since both meniscus were blown out and the ACL was torn again. I’ve had a few knee surgeries and never “walked out”. He said “don’t be a pussy” and pointed to a man in his late 70’s doing laps with a walker. Then he tells me that he replaced both of his knees just a couple of hours earlier. He was right, I walked out using only one crutch for stability. Medical procedures have come a long way since my first knee surgery for a dislocated patella and torn patella ligament. It was inpatient and I didn’t walk for a couple of days.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Good luck. I got a right one I've been putting off for a while
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Good luck RP!