Thread: Tohatsu outboard help

Default Tohatsu outboard help

2018 Tohatsu MFS50A. First light on the earning light panel is staying on. Owner’s manual says that it’s either oil change indicator or low oil pressure. Just did an oil change, and tried to do the reset per the book with no luck. I don’t think it’s low oil pressure, as the motor never goes into limp mode. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Confirm you have enough oil in there.

Oil level was good before oil change when the light came on, and is good after the oil change

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Did it actually reset? I have the same outboard and it is a weird reset. Forgot exactly what it was but whenever you do the first thing you have to pop the kill button at a certain interval.

I can’t get it to reset. This is the procedure I have been trying to do.

You gotta be fast when you turn key on and pull switch. I actually just turned key on and held kill switch button so I could quick release. On the intervals I would pull up and release (letting go not easing back down)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    You gotta be fast when you turn key on and pull switch. I actually just turned key on and held kill switch button so I could quick release. On the intervals I would pull up and release (letting go not easing back down)
    I’ll give it a try this evening. Getting ready to do some serious sweating. Fence to stain, mailbox to put up, hdmi cable to run in attic, Hilti drill the foundation for the satellite wires. Trying to get the house ready for final and move in

That worked. Finally got the three beep sequence telling me my oil change alarm was reset. However, that light is still staying on. No one around has the reader for these motors but one guy, and he’s booked until October. Anybody have a boat guy that can hook up to and read Tohatsu 4 strokes?

I have a 2019 doing the same thing.