Thread: War Eagle 1648 ldsv storage and rod storage

Default War Eagle 1648 ldsv storage and rod storage

Bought something to get my boy back out the house and off the PlayStation. Picked up a 1648 war eagle with side console with live well on the front. Only storage is under the benched box seat which causes the side console to be more forward than normal. Everything else is sealed and supposedly has foam.

Will be 2 adults and a 12 year old so adding the gun box seems like it would eat up a ton of room of an already small interior.

Also looking for suggestions to some rod storage so they are not in the floor. Only easy thing I see is drilling the live well and that does not interest me. The space between the front low deck and the live well is rather small.

It’s my fault for letting my kid sway me into this latest purchase. Size came into play as i wanted it to fit in my current garage.

Thanks in advance!

Cut front deck out and put storage underneath
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

On my old boat, I had a steel shop fab up a rod holder that mounted on the transom and looked like a square sided U over the motor. The holder slid into a bracket on each side and was secured with a linchpin on each side so you could remove/mount quickly. We used 1/2” or 3/4” square tubing and I mounted driftmaster rod holders on top. It was rod storage and could he used for trolling. Don’t think I have any pics unfortunately.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Cut front deck out and put storage underneath
    War eagle told me on the phone that was not going to fly since it has braces running across the deck. Seems like I’ve seen pics of others that had this done though.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    On my old boat, I had a steel shop fab up a rod holder that mounted on the transom and looked like a square sided U over the motor. The holder slid into a bracket on each side and was secured with a linchpin on each side so you could remove/mount quickly. We used 1/2” or 3/4” square tubing and I mounted driftmaster rod holders on top. It was rod storage and could he used for trolling. Don’t think I have any pics unfortunately.

Will look into that. Removable sounds good!

We’ve added storage under front deck before on War Eagle. 1 hatch on each side. I do t remember any braces going across that we cut.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Thanks Phoneman!

Yeah Looking at the side of the console. Not a lot of real estate but might have to make it work.

Here is mine. Hatch on each side of the center brace. I will say the hatch lids are tight especially for life jackets and throw cushion. I really like what Phoneman has and if I redo mine again I will do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk