Thread: Looking for Gator hunting equipment

Default Looking for Gator hunting equipment

Looking to see what y’all have for gator hunting that y’all are wanting to get rid of
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

I don’t have anything to get rid of but what are you looking for out of curiousity? I can maybe point you in the right direction.
    Weighted treble hooks are pretty cheap. Get a decent reel spooled with braid, an ok rod, some tape, 550 paracord, a light, and you are about set.
    I personally think gator hunting is way overrated but different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of a bang stick vs just the old school pistol since you can’t take a long gun. But figured I would see what anyone had
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Quote Originally Posted by cole2011 View Post
    I was thinking of a bang stick vs just the old school pistol since you can’t take a long gun. But figured I would see what anyone had
    I have a .44mag bang stick and actually never used it on a gator. When I was first messing around with gator hunting with other people one of the more experienced individuals expressed concern as he had seen them bounce/slip and cause an undesired impact and also just felt uncomfortable with them in general in a boat. The only safety is a metal rod that separates the bullet from the firing pin. Once it is pulled anything the end of the stick comes in contact with is gonna catch a bullet. So if you are thrown off balance etc anything is fair game.

A pistol seems easier to control to prevent AD’s and just safer in general. All you have to do is keep your finger off the trigger and you are generally safe

If you get the gator up to the boat and hit it around base of skull top of spine either snared or unsnared it is pretty much lights out. On land we have even taken them with a knife at base of skull and it is highly effective.

Just use the best guide service in the state. Bigbrother's gator guide service.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I have a .44mag bang stick and actually never used it on a gator. When I was first messing around with gator hunting with other people one of the more experienced individuals expressed concern as he had seen them bounce/slip and cause an undesired impact and also just felt uncomfortable with them in general in a boat. The only safety is a metal rod that separates the bullet from the firing pin. Once it is pulled anything the end of the stick comes in contact with is gonna catch a bullet. So if you are thrown off balance etc anything is fair game.

A pistol seems easier to control to prevent AD’s and just safer in general. All you have to do is keep your finger off the trigger and you are generally safe

If you get the gator up to the boat and hit it around base of skull top of spine either snared or unsnared it is pretty much lights out. On land we have even taken them with a knife at base of skull and it is highly effective.

I would recommend a pistol over a bang stick as well. Granted I only used one once on a gator and it could have just been that particular one but I had to hit him 3 times in the head before it went off. A pistol would have been much easier and safer in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Angler's in Moncks Corner can fix you up with what ever you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.