Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a kill switch

They are very fortunate dummies...

Out of curiosity. How many on here actually wear one?

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Out of curiosity. How many on here actually wear one?
    Always. I used to never but one day I decided to wear it and had a incident that made me a believer and thank god for me to put it on that day.

Now that I have kids I wear it most of the time. Before I had kids I seldom did.

I wear everytime on plane in the small boat.

Most of the time even in larger boats.

My first cousin was killed because he didnt wear his, running 60mph in a brand
    new high dollar bass boat, first time taking it out. Witnesses said, he opened it up and then the boat shot into a tight circle
    and flung him and his wife at, boat then stayed in circle running them both over.
    When police and GW and Rescuers finally got the boat stopped, steering was not hooked up by dealership.
    4 years later his toddler son received $9M in settlement.
    I use to not wear mine but hard to teach my boys to wear it if I dont.......I do now
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-02-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Always.......and its connected to my life jacket.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Same as above. I always have it on when on boat with my kids except running the offshore boat
    Last edited by hunterjw; 08-02-2020 at 09:14 PM.

I'm bad about wearing my life jacket, but I always wear the kill switch.

Dumbass runnin flat inna bass boat- they are designed to run nose high at speed- 100% operator error.

Tiller handle it goes around my wrist. Bass boat it’s connected to my life jacket.

In the jon boat yes, seldom in the big boat. I probably should. I’ve often considered getting one of those tether systems.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Life jacket and lanyard always in cold weather, by myself, or with my son when he was smaller. Lanyard always, regardless. I have never done it in big boats. It saved my ass once in the Pee Dee River, dead of winter, been scouting just me and the dog. Must have hit some flotsam on the way back to the landing because it violently kicked my motor and broke the tiller off in my hand. The crazy part was it kept running because despite no directional control I was still in the boat for about 45 seconds, then I was swimming. I was cold, the boat stopped and the dog was confused. Wear it, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I wear mine. If I get tossed last thing I want is the boat running into something/ someone else or running me over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Mine is worn when I am going to get on plane. Matter of fact, my little clip thingy on my life jacket is almost wore out .

If I'm operating a boat it's hooked to me in some way.

Always. When I was a fearless teen, I saw a guy in a john boat crank it up in gear. It immediately threw him and his occupant out and started doing the circles trying to kill him until a hero came and swamped the boat with his wake. I became a believer that day.

Always. I leave it looped on the throttle when I take it off so it’s easy to put back on every time I start the motor.
    Make a conscious effort to start wearing it and it will become habit in short order.

Gotta wear it.

I've made a few lanyards with 550 cord.

It makes it a bit more comfortable to me....and I have one long enough I can move around a bit in the big boat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai