Thread: Pre storm fishing

Default Pre storm fishing

With this tropical system coming I wasn’t sure when we’d get to fish again so we eased out early this morning and caught a few. You could tell something was up, I hit two different bays here on the coast and saw 2-3 boats fishing. It was almost a ghost town.

B49CE2AA-F414-49D4-AFE7-F9E028A20C33.jpeg

I doubt it was the coming storm keeping people off the water. It's been ridiculously hot and muggy this weekend. After working through it yesterday mowing and tinkering around the farm, I found stuff to do inside today. The beach crowd even thinned out early this afternoon.

Next year I've decided to hibernate all summer and come out when I can see my breath. I'm ready for some frost.

Nice haul
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Nice

Good job on the slam, bubba.

Good job! They were eating today.

We fished the coast Friday below Beaufort. Got on the water by 7:30, and off about 4:30. Three of us, with a cut bait/shrimp line out and casting artificial and fiddler crabs. Wife’s cousin just got back from a year in Iraq, and his daughter reeled in a 30” Black Drum about 9:30am, and then wife’s cousin caught his first ever Redfish about 3:30. A 30” Redfish. Hanguva fish for a first Redfish. Both of them were pretty excited. Wind could have been a little calmer. Couldn’t fish where we wanted for it. Slow fishing, but we had a good time. I’d much rather catch two 30” fish all day than a bunch of little stuff.

It’s not everyday we get all three. It wasn’t a barn burner but I’ll take it. We were just happy seeing clean smooth water ahead of this nonsense coming our way.