Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Poche D/Qed....

Default Keith Poche D/Qed....

I don’t know this dude, and I don’t keep up with glitter boat tournaments, but was scrolling through FB earlier and this story popped up. This rule is dumber than a box of shit......

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/keit...issippi-river/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

When fishing at that level there’s no excuse to not know the rules. He does that for a living. I don’t agree with the rule either but that DQ was 100% on him and was 100% avoidable had he done his due diligence.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I agree, and he owned it, I just think it’s a dumbass rule.

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I watched one of his YouTube videos the other day where he had gotten out of the boat during prefishing and was pushing that 90hp powered aluminum rig up through a mud ditch to access some backwaters. No doubt that was his intentions for using that boat in the Upper Mississippi event. When I fished a kayak tournament up there in LaCrosse last fall I was doing the same thing to get into the little beaver ponds off the main channel. That is one gorgeous area up there!! The fishing was amazing and it was opening weekend of their duck season when I was there. Had I taken a shotgun I could have killed a limit of green heads everyday while just pedaling around fishing. They were thick in the trees and had no idea what to think of me coming through them in the kayak. I have some cool videos of jumping big flocks that didn’t spook until the last second. Mostly mallards, Canada geese, canvasbacks, and woodducks where I was but I did get some video of a black duck that took off with one group. I could definitely live up there until November or so when the hard freeze happens!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Has to be a Louisiana boy with a name like Poche. Sounds like he was using some Cajun craftiness to get to hard to fish places.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

He fishes out of an aluminum boat all the time now.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-02-2020 at 06:52 PM.

People are always going to cry. I had a buddy spend a ton of money on an inboard jet to fish the upper end of the French Broad and they made a rule in the league that were no jet boats allowed the next year. They pretty much did the same thing to Ott DeFoe in Bassmaster. They won't let him use a jet to go up river in tourneys. Some one is always going to cry when they get their tail cut.

Randy Blakut intentionally sank his boat halfway to get under a bridge and access a backwater- won the tourney

In this case he didn’t cut anyone’s tail. The rule was already in place thanks to John Cox doing the same thing a few years ago. Again, I don’t agree with the rule but knowing the rules is part of the game if you’re going to be a player!

They’re gonna mess around and nascar their whole deal up. Arbitrary rules and numbers are made to benefit some.

Is it about who’s the best fisherman, or who your sponsor is?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    People are always going to cry. I had a buddy spend a ton of money on an inboard jet to fish the upper end of the French Broad and they made a rule in the league that were no jet boats allowed the next year. They pretty much did the same thing to Ott DeFoe in Bassmaster. They won't let him use a jet to go up river in tourneys. Some one is always going to cry when they get their tail cut.
    Much like the guys who cried about the fan boats on Santee until they got them outlawed for ducks...

Glitter boat drivers are bitches anyway.

Beyond fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Glitter boat drivers are bitches anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Beyond fucked up
    Facts

I remember the tournament john cox won out of that little boat.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Roland Martin did it first- old tactic

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Has to be a Louisiana boy with a name like Poche. Sounds like he was using some Cajun craftiness to get to hard to fish places.
    You would be correct. He’s resides in Alabama now if I’m not Mistaken. He used the same boat in a BASS tourney earlier in the year. What’s funny is the FLW rewards a boat to the winners of certain tourneys.. the ironic thing is they are powered with a 115.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 08-02-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Seriously?

Unbelievable.....