Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wu Flu, Has SC peaked?

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    Disagree. The way I understand it, 60% of the population has to get it before we develope herd immunity. I hardly know anyone who has it
    We are at herd immunity again? Didn't the experts say that herd immunity was not a thing back at the beginning of June and that we could actually get it again? I mean they change the virus rules every week. Like you can't go to church but 1000s of liberals can sit side by side for hours in a funeral if the ex-president is giving the political eulogy. Did they already have herd immunity and we missed it?

Disagree. The way I understand it, 60% of the population has to get it before we develope herd immunity. I hardly know anyone who has it
    Come out of the woods or you know very few people.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Come out of the woods or you know very few people.
    Im in Beaufort county, and we see some of it, but not much. My neighbor passed with it, but he was 74, a cancer survivor, and recently had a stroke and had cardiac issues. I ask people what their experiences are all the time, and most people seem to have similar experiences. Maybe it is worse were you are, who knows, but there is no reason to be a smart ass
    Last edited by scbulldog; 12-05-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    We are at herd immunity again? Didn't the experts say that herd immunity was not a thing back at the beginning of June and that we could actually get it again? I mean they change the virus rules every week. Like you can't go to church but 1000s of liberals can sit side by side for hours in a funeral if the ex-president is giving the political eulogy. Did they already have herd immunity and we missed it?
    I am as confused as every one else

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    Another thing that makes me mad is SCDHEC's website for the Covid. What a bo bo website. At the end it does a comparison of our state vs other states and it takes current data from the other states and then compares that to projected data that is over a month in the future for only our state. And this is a government run organization?
    Hold up. Someone else uses the term bobo?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    What are you seeing at work?
    Slow steady increase in pt load due to AKI from disease process. Several times lately have had to ask Dr's to triage pts, aka who can wait till the next day, due to not having enough staff. As more and more people get tired of restrictions it will get worse. Not like the news is implying, but worse. You can't get a straight answer concerning treatments. I believe that chloroquine with zinc works but, only if given early, if only to slow down viral replication so the body has time to start fighting it. People started on it late are already in to bad a shape. These plasma commercials are a joke. A plasma exchange takes about four hours. There are only FIVE red cross nurses that do plasmapheresis in the state, besides a few at a couple of big hospitals. They already worked full time taking care of auto immune diseases and the like around the state. It will never be a viable solution for the population at large.

My mother is coming from her little mountain house to Lexington to see my brother and others, "to visit". Actions like this will cause more exposures to the vulnerable.

The vast majority that get it, won't be hospitalized. It is the increasing exposure by those that are tired of taking precautions and travel from outside the state by tourist that seam to be driving it.

Myrtle beach is full while jersey is at 25% capacity. The second we opened, they poured in from states where they can't vacation due to closures or limits on capacity.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 08-01-2020 at 07:35 AM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Hold up. Someone else uses the term bobo?

All the time, one of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Jesus God don’t let 2th see this. He will hurt your feelings,
    yall really must miss my message bc i agree with her. POST mortem testing.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Im in Beaufort county. I am a firefighter, and we see some of it, but not much. My neighbor passed with it, but he was 74, a cancer survivor, and recently had a stroke and had cardiac issues. I ask people what their experiences are all the time, and most people seem to have similar experiences. Maybe it is worse were you are, who knows, but there is no reason to be a smart ass
    Look everyone on here is a smartass. Don’t get all poopy pants. I know at least a dozen teenage and high school kids who’ve had it, all pretty much assymptomatic and several families where it’s been through the entire family. That’s from Charleston to Greenville. Several people also have friends who have died. I’m assuming, wrong I guess, that most people are seeing the same thing. I’m glad there’s not that much in Beaufort in your experience. I’m edgy as hell and aggravated as fuck from all this lockdown, mask wearing and election bullshit. Don’t wear your feelings on your sleeve around here. You probably won’t be very happy.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

My oldest son's fiancé' is a RN here in Columbia and says they have more positive patience now than at anytime before.
    She was just given a $25 per hour raise due to it.....she works on the floor they are on.....yes, $25 per hour more.