Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Art of Turkey Hunting

I've killed em about any way Dr. Seuss can dream up.....(except from a pop-up blind)
    Keep on choppin, if it's legal its fair game whether it's your cup of tea or not!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 07-31-2020 at 06:00 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Just be sure to use discretion
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

The point I was trying to make from this thread is not to attack our brethren bushwhackers. I was stating my distain for hunting shows and networks these days. Television, social media, etc how people learn and communicate these days. The art of calling turkeys is truly dying. People new to the sport or are trying to learn truly don’t know there is any other way to kill a turkey other than bushwhack. They have no clue. There is absolutely no one on television to guide and assist these young bucks and newbies in the right direction with turkey hunting. It’s a real shame.

I’m with you Rabbitman. I wasn’t a huge fan of Pinhoti’s 2020 season but his (my) way of hunting is a lost art for the most part
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 07-31-2020 at 07:13 AM.

To the purists

I'm gonna bushwhack one out of a deer stand next year and video it just to piss y'all off......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Wish they’d do away with the damn Jake and gobbler decoys. DNR is worried about killing to many mature gobblers early well that would fix a good part of that problem.
    Nope. Banning decoys to fix a population issue isn't going to fix the root problem. But yall go ahead and promote more restrictions. It makes you look like the anti corn pond crowd, and blaming them for ducks not coming south. There is zero difference in using decoys for ducks in my opinion.

Unless you are running them down and choking them by hand, you are using something that puts the odds in your favor-- a gun, a call, a food plot, camo, etc.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Nope. Banning decoys to fix a population issue isn't going to fix the root problem. But yall go ahead and promote more restrictions. It makes you look like the anti corn pond crowd, and blaming them for ducks not coming south. There is zero difference in using decoys for ducks in my opinion.
    Stop making sense. Turkey poetry is supposed to rhyme, and to repeat itself over and over, and over.

And over.

God gave man dominion over the fish and the birds and the wild animals and the creepy crawlers. Kill what you want, however you want. Just use ‘discretion’ and be a good steward.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Stop making sense. Turkey poetry is supposed to rhyme, and to repeat itself over and over, and over.

And over.

God gave man dominion over the fish and the birds and the wild animals and the creepy crawlers. Kill what you want, however you want. Just use ‘discretion’ and be a good steward.

Absolutely. Well, unless you're using a crossbow during regular archery deer season.....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Absolutely. Well, unless you're using a crossbow during regular archery deer season.....
    Always one exception.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

There are some things you just don’t do. You don’t kill a doe with young fawns, you don’t shoot a rabbit on the jump, and you don’t shoot a turkey from a blind or with the aide of a decoy. It’s really that simple.

What about shooting doves off the wires or ducks on the water, or fish for that matter?

They all eat the same.

Putting the sneak attack on a turkey may be more fun than watching him come on a string strutting to a call!! Some of y’all over complicate the hell out of things.

I really am taken aback at the number of you guys that actually enjoy catching fish on a barbed hook.........what fun is that??

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    There are some things you just don’t do. You don’t kill a doe with young fawns, you don’t shoot a rabbit on the jump, and you don’t shoot a turkey from a blind or with the aide of a decoy. It’s really that simple.
    Those things are considered "in your opinion". Not everyone has the same one.

I don't shoot does with fawns around, even if they're old enough to survive. I do have some feelings. I'll shoot a rabbit while rabbit hunting if I see him, there's no poetry in rodent hunting. I will shoot a 12 through the first few hunts of dove season, I have zero to prove to anyone about my wingshooting capabilities... I don't mind watching ducks

I've done all of those things and I don't give one single fuck what you or anyone else thinks about it either......

The point I was trying to make from this thread is not to attack our brethren bushwhackers. I was stating my distain for hunting shows and networks these days. Television, social media, etc how people learn and communicate these days. The art of calling turkeys is truly dying. People new to the sport or are trying to learn truly don’t know there is any other way to kill a turkey other than bushwhack. They have no clue. There is absolutely no one on television to guide and assist these young bucks and newbies in the right direction with turkey hunting. It’s a real shame.
    Sounds like you have identified a need for a turkey hunting show. Go grab a camera and film your hunts, “ the way it’s supposed to be”
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Cottontops Coked Up Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I've done all of those things and I don't give one single fuck what you or anyone else thinks about it either......
    Every hunter has done them when they were young or just starting out in their hunting career. Most normal people mature as hunters and mature in their pursuit.

“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” 1st Corinthians 13:11
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-31-2020 at 09:01 AM.