Thread: Need a youth bow

Default Need a youth bow

I have a 14 year old that is begging to put down the gun and start bow hunting.
    Does anyone have a youth bow for sale? Located in Spartanburg county.
    Thanks!

before you get 127,831 responses varying from an elite set up to some walmart bullshit....

go online and buy a used bow. 14 aint a youth. buy a bow that has a low enough draw weight that he can pull back. dont listen to everyone about draw length, brace height and other confusing bullshit. I never did and kill way more shit than glenn does with a bow my wife bought for me 20 years ago.....

make sure he has some arrows and practice tips and send him out in the backyard.

if it sticks, you will know it and he can become and anal, saddle bowhunter that looks down on anyone using a firearm. until then, let him learn on his own and see if he really is committed to hunting with a bow.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The kid will go far in life.

Get him something that will grow with him like a Mission Switch or a Diamond Infinite Edge. They're both adjustable from 20 something to 70 lb draw weight and 24 - 30 inch draw length. I saw something from Lancaster Archery a few days ago and they had a Diamond package for like $350
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

well that's entirely too practical and the kid doesnt even own a saddle yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    well that's entirely too practical and the kid doesnt even own a saddle yet.....
    Sorry, I haven't developed the capability to be an asshole all the time yet, but I'm working on it. As far as the saddle goes, just be patient, he's probably still working on all the terminology. #bridge #tether #autoblock #SRT #dumppouch #onestickin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

you'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Get him something that will grow with him like a Mission Switch or a Diamond Infinite Edge. They're both adjustable from 20 something to 70 lb draw weight and 24 - 30 inch draw length. I saw something from Lancaster Archery a few days ago and they had a Diamond package for like $350
    This. Get him something with a wide adjustment range, it doesn't have to be expensive. Keep things simple.

i had an old parker youth bow and some arrows stored away some time back. let me look this week to see if i still have it and get back to you. if i can find it, you can have it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Thanks for the input. Looking forward to hearing from you Ziggy, if not no worries, I will check out the Switch and Diamond.

I bought a used diamond edge bow for my daughter At 16 and she still shoots it at 25. I bought my son a diamond atomic at 5 which he out grew after 4-5 years then got him a new edge bow which he is still shooting. Would have started him on it if I had it to do over again. However, it was fun to see folks gawk at 3D shoots with a 6 year old throwing arrows on target at 30 yards with that little atomic bow. Every bow manufacturer sells a starter grow with you type bow now. Used is fine but buying new gets you a warranty of some sort. I think you pretty much get what you pay for either way. Good luck and if you need some 30lb or so youth arrow shafts (unfleteched) I’m glad to help out with them.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 07-29-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I have an infinite edge in the closet I am setting up for my daughter’s 10th Bday. They get incredible reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the diamond infinite edge. I got my son one when he was 10 or so. He is 16 now and still shooting it. Easy to adjust and fairly affordable.