Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OSB

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Bet that gave you a bit of relief.
    Absolutely- we didn't need any more snags on this project- privately funded and 10 years from initial site visit, through many re-designs, multi agency permitting, and now, finally starting construction. This is phase 1 of 4.

Or wear deck composite- $1 per board foot less than OSB , stable, structural and very durable- approved for all govt projects in extreme weather. Made from HDPE

Update - 1/2" osb up 3.90/sheet today. Since yesterday. Its going to get worse before it gets better. 1/2" CDX up 7.50 over 3 weeks.

2x4 and 2x6 Spruce precuts are no where on market.
    Last edited by Fishinmission; 07-29-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Great time for me to building a house I put numbers on 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    My understanding is that the chemical to treat the lumber is what is in short supply.
    That makes sense. I’ve got a client that is about to have to shut down his website because he can’t get the raw materials to make his products.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    Update - 1/2" osb up 3.90/sheet today. Since yesterday. Its going to get worse before it gets better. 1/2" CDX up 7.50 over 3 weeks.

2x4 and 2x6 Spruce precuts are no where on market.
    And there isn’t $.39 worth of material in a sheet of OSB.
    cut\'em

You’d be surprised at the cost associated with the glues used in osb and other plywood products. We make a couple at the plant and raw material cost have skyrocketed over the last couple years.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Glad I im not in the deck and fence business anymore..
    Who would you recommend for those services in our area then?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    And there isn’t $.39 worth of material in a sheet of OSB.
    I can remember it being $3 a sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Who would you recommend for those services in our area then?
    Well I say im not, I love building decks, I hate a fence.. I recommend Brabham for fences.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Well I say im not, I love building decks, I hate a fence.. I recommend Brabham for fences.
    I need a new deck/screen porch first, fence 2nd. Don’t want you to have to tote all the materials to the backyard...
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Triplebeard you still with me on this I hope if not HOLLER
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

you right near heywards house, charlie...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Me and Heyward go way back, i buy insurance from his brothers partner.

bennet lives around the corner, too.

bring me a hat. the one y-lee gave me smells like poo now....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

My dad is a general contractor based in Lexington. He’s been working on a house on the lake for a friend of his, and after many rounds with Lexington County’s building inspectors giving him a stupid hard time about the foundation, even though they approved the plans back in January, they are fixing to start framing. I was telling him about the OSB price jump coming, and of course he figured all this up months ago, so he was pissed. Is there a link anyone can share where you can check material prices?

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    My dad is a general contractor based in Lexington. He’s been working on a house on the lake for a friend of his, and after many rounds with Lexington County’s building inspectors giving him a stupid hard time about the foundation, even though they approved the plans back in January, they are fixing to start framing. I was telling him about the OSB price jump coming, and of course he figured all this up months ago, so he was pissed. Is there a link anyone can share where you can check material prices?
    I’m not aware of such a site to check material prices like that.

What did they give him a hard time about on the foundation?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I’m not aware of such a site to check material prices like that.

What did they give him a hard time about on the foundation?
    It was over 4’6” in the rear, and needed to have more pillars or a double wall or something. In the garage, there is cinder block that will show on the inside when finished, vs brick, because of part of the issue the county had with it. Plans were submitted and approved by the county in January. Been a pain for dad.

If no website or anything how else can you go about finding out info on price hikes? Building suppliers just seem to smile and take your money.

Brick, pier and curtain wall foundation can’t go over 4’ in height. We back the bricks up with 4”
    Block tied together every course with welded wire lath.
    County approving plans before hand wouldn’t affect that, when they approve them they’re not typically concerned with what the other final heights will be.

With exception of calling around and checking price at local vendors I don’t know of any other way. Most places will have to be pretty close to be competitive
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    It was over 4’6” in the rear, and needed to have more pillars or a double wall or something. In the garage, there is cinder block that will show on the inside when finished, vs brick, because of part of the issue the county had with it. Plans were submitted and approved by the county in January. Been a pain for dad.

If no website or anything how else can you go about finding out info on price hikes? Building suppliers just seem to smile and take your money.
    You normally ask for 6 month projections or escalators. Then this situation caught a lot unaware though. However, once the lockdown started trends in the supply chain could be forecasted and adjustments made. Sucks if you’ve locked in a price on a project that far out using material pricing from January/February. All my contracts have a material rider in them stating that the work may be adjusted because of volatility in the market and that the client is responsible. Commercial work I try to look at projections and price accordingly.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013