Thread: RM43 Alternative

Default RM43 Alternative

I want to go scorched earth on fence lines, over grown road beds, field edges, etc on land that has not been managed in years. Looking to kill broad leaf, grasses, trees and anything else I left out. Is there an alternative like rm43 that is more cost effective to mix yourself? What can I add to glyphosate to kill now and for as long as possible? I have read for hours about 24d, diquat, imazapyr and still just as confused now as when I started.

Default RM43 Alternative

I use Meherrin for all of my chemicals. They carry a product called Crossbow it’s a mix of Triclopyr and 24-D. I mix that with Glyphosate and a really hot surfactant, Meherrins brand is Twister. And it will absolutely nuke everything it touches.

That’s my go to road side and ditch back mixture and I’m spraying it out of a boom less sprayer. I put a gallon of crossbow per 100gals, half a gallon of glyphosate per 100gals and 2 pints of Twister per 100gals. I run the sprayer at a really high rpm and about 3.5-4 mph.

Add some Pramitol to that mixture and you’d get away with spraying once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackhead22; 07-27-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Garlon will kill the piss out of everything you described.Tree cutting companies use it to clear out brush and lanes.

Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I use Meherrin for all of my chemicals. They carry a product called Crossbow it’s a mix of Triclopyr and 24-D. I mix that with Glyphosate and a really hot surfactant, Meherrins brand is Twister. And it will absolutely nuke everything it touches.

That’s my go to road side and ditch back mixture and I’m spraying it out of a boom less sprayer. I put a gallon of crossbow per 100gals, half a gallon of glyphosate per 100gals and 2 pints of Twister per 100gals. I run the sprayer at a really high rpm and about 3.5-4 mph.

That is what we use also. Crossbow does a good job. Mix with round up if you have grass. We even use it in back pack sprayer to hand spray pigweed in dove field. It was killing pigweed thigh high. If you dont have a chemical store near you, tractor supply carries it.
    Last edited by Rem11-87; 07-27-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Garlon will kill the piss out of everything you described.Tree cutting companies use it to clear out brush and lanes.
    Garlon does not kill grasses....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Arsenal.
    Do not use on roadsides if you like healthy/living oaks along your roads....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

what's a "hot" surfactant?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Shut up tooth wizard

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Maybe AMS? I’m far from an expert on herbicides but have seen some suggestions to add ammonium sulfate to certain chemicals to make them “hotter”

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Do not use on roadsides if you like healthy/living oaks along your roads....
    I thought he wanted "Scorched Earth"

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post

What chemical has the residual effect in this chemical concoction, Pramitol? I know Glyphosate and 2-4 D have no residual effects and not sure about the Triclopyr. I've need to find something or a combo of the chemicals to work as well for spraying under electric fences and ditch banks. I tried a product called Barrier this year, advertised to have a residual of up to a year. It is a mix of Glyphosate and Imazapyr. So far I've sprayed it twice under one fence in 3 months and need to spray again in areas. I could be my fault because I mixed it by the label instead of doubling it like you need to do with generic Round Up. You can see where it is definitely stunting the growth but it is still coming back and doesn't touch Round up resistant pigweed.

This is the link to the Barrier product
    https://www.gordonsusa.com/products/...r-concentrate/
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    What chemical has the residual effect in this chemical concoction, Pramitol? I know Glyphosate and 2-4 D have no residual effects and not sure about the Triclopyr. I've need to find something or a combo of the chemicals to work as well for spraying under electric fences and ditch banks. I tried a product called Barrier this year, advertised to have a residual of up to a year. It is a mix of Glyphosate and Imazapyr. So far I've sprayed it twice under one fence in 3 months and need to spray again in areas. I could be my fault because I mixed it by the label instead of doubling it like you need to do with generic Round Up. You can see where it is definitely stunting the growth but it is still coming back and doesn't touch Round up resistant pigweed.

This is the link to the Barrier product
    https://www.gordonsusa.com/products/...r-concentrate/
    Yea the pramitol is a bare ground chemical. It’s used some in the paving industry as a pre paving chemical.

Just spoke with Meherrin in Bishopville. Thanks again Quackhead22 for that contact. Boyd helped me out and I am going to visit them soon to try some of their stuff out. Also they are the cheapest on glyphosate that I have found.

What kind of convincing would it take for you to leave those field edges and fence rows like they are? They can be good hiding spots for tasty creatures.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    What kind of convincing would it take for you to leave those field edges and fence rows like they are? They can be good hiding spots for tasty creatures.
    Electric fences don't work when you have weeds and grass grounding them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Electric fences don't work when you have weeds and grass grounding them out.
    I didn't know that was his intent.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

buy your own land.
    do what you want.

its a neat idea.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Barrier from tractor supply works pretty well. It’s a potion of some the above mentioned chemicals