Thread: What pistol scope are you using ??

Default What pistol scope are you using ??

I bought the SW 500 and now need a scope. I do want a variable like a 2x7 or similar. I really only found 2 one from leupold and one from Burris. Here are the links to each. Is anyone using these with real world experience? And Yes Toof Doc I read the reviews online.....

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/handg...gun-2-5-8x32mm

https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/...scope-2-7x32mm

I shoot the Leupold 2x7 on a S&W 629 44 mag. The scope is plenty adequate for 100 yd shots which is about as far as I want to stretch my setup. My next hand cannon will be a 460. The biggest issue (at least for me) is getting a solid rest while hunting. It’s not a problem when I shoot from a bench but toting sand bags to a deer stand is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    I shoot the Leupold 2x7 on a S&W 629 44 mag. The scope is plenty adequate for 100 yd shots which is about as far as I want to stretch my setup. My next hand cannon will be a 460. The biggest issue (at least for me) is getting a solid rest while hunting. It’s not a problem when I shoot from a bench but toting sand bags to a deer stand is a pain.
    I like the Leupold. I cant find them anywhere local so I can look thru both scopes. The sold rest is a concern is well but like you will have to carry what I need which will be a pain.

No idea about the glass but for bag wise, check out the Armageddon gear schmedium game changer with git lite fill.

Solid solid bags and extremely light. I run the OG and pint size for matches.

I busted 2 leupold 2-7 on my .45-70 contender. Put a Burris fixed 2x on it and haven’t had an issue in 7 years
    Last edited by CantCareSB; 07-26-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    I busted 2 leupold 2-7 on my .45-70 contender. Put a Burris fixed 2x on it and haven’t had an issue in 7 years
    one I would of said was a fluke but two doesnt bode well for them. I will order the Burris and see how it works

I’ve had both. The Leupolds eye relief is more forgiving IMO. FWIW, the only thing I still have a scopes on is a 22 and 357 Max Contender. Ive gone to micro dots on my hunting revolvers, they work better for me.
    Last edited by FLS; 07-26-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Leupold 2.5-8 is best there is
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Leupold 2.5-8 is best there is

Funny the Burris on back order some places so the Leupold it will be.

Also what rings are you gents running with them?