Thread: AR Trigger Question/Suggestions

Default AR Trigger Question/Suggestions

Went out to shoot and sight in scope on a new AR for the first time yesterday. The gun worked perfectly, but the trigger is awful. I have put together several ARs, and while the mil spec trigger has never been great, they have been fine for what I needed. This one is not. No way to gently squeeze it. You have to give it a good hard pull which makes it difficult to shoot accurately even at 100 yards. May want to upgrade the trigger a little without breaking the bank. Thought about PSA’s enhanced polished trigger and just saw some of the Rise Armament triggers at a little over $100. Any experience with either of these options? Any other suggestions for a low cost upgrade? Thanks.
    Last edited by wbrown609; 07-24-2020 at 02:05 PM.

I think PSA makes a drop in now too.

Do a quick search. The same question was asked a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Do a quick search. The same question was asked a few days ago.
    Thanks. Just found it.

Do a binary
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I like the Larue Tactical trigger. $80. Very clean trigger. Light, but not “competition trigger” light. Just an all-around practical trigger.

Larue

Anything but stock milspec. A trigger upgrade is maybe the best thing you can do for accuracy.

MBG larue

Watch youtube videos and polish it in the right places. Will help.
    I always buy the PSA EPT (enhanced polished trigger), its just a few bucks more than a standard and does good for the price
    "Dabo cusses, No one is denying that"...…….Tigerbdog

The ALG ACT is good as well if you like a single stage,mil-spec style trigger. It’s about 15 or so dollars cheaper than the Larues.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The PSA 2 stage is very good for the money. I have a couple of them. A good friend at work was SF in Afghanistan and Iraq. He said that they used the Elftman exclusively. https://www.elftactical.com/Elf-Matc...stem_p_51.html. He said that they were very crisp and reliable. On another topic....they hated the green tip .556 ammo they were issued. Said it just penciled through. When they switched to the BH 77gr Mod 1 load. It changed the game. No more having to aim for the pelvic girdle. He said that exits were similar to what you see with NBTs on deer. The Elftman trigger and the Mod 1 load were a great combination.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

The PSA drop in the have on sale for $119 right now is nice. Put it in my full length rifle and I like it a lot.
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs