Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor Afro...

I worked with a black fella who was a hell of a hunter. Taught me some things. I can assure you there were no barriers for him!

Mr Neal Carter would probably agree with the lack of barriers for him as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That and the sights are on top of most hunting guns instead of the sides.
    I don’t know about that....I’ve got an old sporterised Springfield 30-40 Krag with a side mount scope that will put dicks in the dirt. Love hunting out to 150 yards with that gun....sight on the side.

It’s got a sling so you have to carry it on the crip side or the scope will dig into your back.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-24-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Has anyone asked Dabo?

Hunting and Fishing in the New South: Black Labor and White Leisure after the Civil War is a good read

I wanna hear more about these hair plugs Glenn got. Should have gone with red. Redheads never lose a fight.

Wait Glenn got plugs. For real.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I listened to most of it the other day. Didn’t she say that in places like the south that there wasn’t as many barriers. I got the impression that she was saying that in areas of the country where you had real country access was easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Since hunting is largely male dominant I'd say the large scale absence of black fathers in the home is the reason for the decline in black hunters.
    The conversation I had with two black fellas from Orangeburg a few weeks back described this to the exactness as the primary barrier.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I never thought there was a shortage of black hunters. There is a pile in Charleston, Berkeley, and Orangeburg. Mostly deer.

I’d say not being familiar with the area

$50 a year will get you hunting access to 1.2 million acres of land in SC no matter what color your skin is.
    My dad wasn't much of a hunter when I was a boy but I became a fire breathing, deer killing WMA hunter on my own by the time I was 21.
    The only barrier to an up and coming hunter is the lack of desire to get up and go.

Glenn when I got hair plugs I fertilized them with mustard packs. Just a tip.

Glenn when I got hair plugs I fertilized them with mustard packs. Just a tip.
    I remember you telling me that fertilization method worked great on the hair plugs you got on your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know for fact that not knowing how to swim has prevented several black folks I know from catching more fish.

Used to work with a black guy named Mike Phillips, quiet as the breeze and super nice fella to work with. We would fish the same pond sometimes on the same days and I ALWAYS caught more than him. Must have offered a dozen times to put him in the jon boat and get around the back where it was harder to access and the better fishing was but he was scared to death and I quote “ that’s more water than I can drink up”

Have had several other blacks turn down my offer of getting in a boat as well
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I think it’s a combination of rural vs urban and a lack of male role models to get them started.
    There is a black dog hunting club in Nesmith. Those fellas put some deer on the dirt. Ring leader was a school principal I think.
    I’ve met more black small game hunters than deer hunters. There is a group that hunts rabbits on my in-laws farm a couple of times a year and a couple of fellas that squirrel hunt around the house. A few guys I was in the guard with hunted.
    I’ve only met one black dove and duck hunter. He is a surgeon that hunted with my buddies dove club.

I wanna hear more about these hair plugs Glenn got. Should have gone with red. Redheads never lose a fight.
    Especially in court.

Pleeezzz tell me this is true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Especially in court.
    Gingers are evil. The judge, jury and attorneys know this.