Thread: Partridge Creek

Default Partridge Creek

I'm a member but haven't shot there in quite a long time. The current president has pushed through incredible improvements. They now have 15 stations on the sporting clays course with at least three traps on each one. For my monthly club shoot, there were four traps on a few just to add some tougher targets. It was not a powder puff course. I shot like a blind man but I'm so out of practice I feel like I picked up somebody else's gun. Even our best shooters were impressed with the target presentations. It reminded me of Bray's Island. They have also added a five stand course. If you get a chance to shoot it, wear your big boy pants.

They have it set up so shooters can pick an easier menu, kind of like the ladies' tee box. I felt like hanging around and shooting the easy course just to recover my dignity.

Isn't it a private club now? Any plans to throw a registered tournament?
    There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Isn't it a private club now? Any plans to throw a registered tournament?
    It went private a few years ago. They had to quit allowing non-member walk-ons for insurance and liability reasons. That's when I joined and yesterday was maybe the second time I've shot there since even though my farm is close enough to hear the shooting. You probably know several members who shoot regularly and would be happy to have you as their guest. A lot of the guys in our club shoot tournaments.

The course improvements have certainly made tournaments a possibility but I don't know if they have any registered ones planned.

I imagine they had to step up their game since Bluefield opened up...Maybe they will get rid of all the old cantankerous guys that "work" there and get all pissy when you actually want to them to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I imagine they had to step up their game since Bluefield opened up...Maybe they will get rid of all the old cantankerous guys that "work" there and get all pissy when you actually want to them to do something.
    They have done that. The guy they had running the front desk has been moved to duties more suitable to his demeanor. The experience is completely different now.

Bluefield wasn't really what caused the upgrade. I think the credit goes to the club president who knows how to get things done and somehow managed to get the membership on board to approve all of the improvements. He has worked with CCA for years and knows how to navigate the politics.

Bluefield is constantly improving too. Suddenly there are two great facilities within an hour drive from my house. Backwoods is just over the time limit for me and is in the wrong direction.

My kid went to a 4H sporting clays clinic last Saturday. Lots of improvements for sure.

I'll have to plan a visit at some point.
    There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.

Bluefield is starting a thursday night shoot.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569