Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longterm Keto/Lowcarb

I had shoulder surgery at the end of February. I have gained 15 sloppy pounds and feel like crap. Went to my reg doc with some sleep issues (sleep drunk ness) and he’s saying more than likely weight related.just erring on caution I went and had my lab work done yesterday morning. I started the IF today. I’m shooting for 12-8 as eat time. I work my tail off in the mornings and really don’t think of food so breakfast delete isn’t going to hurt bad. Most days I’m done after lunch time with work. I usually hit the sack around 8-8:30 every evening bc I’m up at 4-5 most days. I have 25 pounds to drop and I’m at 215 now. I can reassess when I hit 190.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Did it for 9 months & lost 55lbs. In the first 3 months lost 35 of it. Nothing like a health scare to lose weight

I'm doing it now and down 22lbs in almost a month
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

That’s awesome man congrats! I bet you feel a heck of a lot better!

I’m down 18 lbs as of today. I should have done this sooner…
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yeah the first 20 comes off fast. Most of that’s water weight. Pro tip. If you like sweet tea, go to chick fila & get the diet Arnold Palmer. You can thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    That’s awesome man congrats! I bet you feel a heck of a lot better!

I’m down 18 lbs as of today. I should have done this sooner…
    You mind giving the cliff notes version of what you are doing?

Really not much to it for me. I only eat from 12-8pm. Usually a salad, any meat I want (red meat only twice a week). Fish, chicken seafood whatever. Fresh veggies, I won’t do frozen ever. I haven’t eaten potatoes. 150+ ounces of water a day. I do landscaping so I work outside. I sweat my tail off and it’s enough physical activity for me to keep me from hitting the gym all the time. I also swim at least two days a week. Nothing major but my oldest enjoys laps in the pool so I join him.
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    diet Arnold Palmer.
    What is sucralose?

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Really not much to it for me. I only eat from 12-8pm. Usually a salad, any meat I want (red meat only twice a week). Fish, chicken seafood whatever. Fresh veggies, I won’t do frozen ever. I haven’t eaten potatoes. 150+ ounces of water a day. I do landscaping so I work outside. I sweat my tail off and it’s enough physical activity for me to keep me from hitting the gym all the time. I also swim at least two days a week. Nothing major but my oldest enjoys laps in the pool so I join him.
    Watch your electrolytes. You will lose electrolytes faster on low/no carb. Can zap you pretty quick especially in your profession. Look into LMNT Recharge. It's the real deal.

I think i am going to get back on IF. It worked well when I was on it. My problem is I am always hungry and tend to snack late. I stopped eating out for the most part during the week but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. I guess its about choleric intake. Cant outwork a bad diet.

LMNT really is good stuff. Straightened me right out thanks to Dr. Doggie...

That stuff is amazing.

Yep Glenda gave me a couple packets last summer and they are a game changer especially if you work on the heat all day.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What is sucralose?
    Aspartame

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I guess its about choleric intake.
    Yes, cholera will certainly help you lose weight quickly. I'd advise against it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    LMNT really is good stuff. Straightened me right out thanks to Dr. Doggie...
    Revisited this bc of these comments. I ordered a trial pack w 12 after reading this. Today I had a ball buster of a day and was about to monk. Figured it a good time to try out my lmnt. Damn good stuff. I felt better shortly after and was surprised it actually worked. First one I had was the citrus. Salty as hell in a 17 oz. I downed it though. I went ahead and ordered more this afternoon. Thank J and Glenn.
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

I mixed mine with a small amount of crystal light at first.

I bet I lost over a gallon of fluid today working, never slowed down. My little 200lb helper was laid up in the shade shortly after lunch

What are most of your meals consisting of?

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    What are most of your meals consisting of?
    Typical day breakfast lemon, couple strawberries and a cheese stick with a premier protein shake

Lunch, couple pieces of lunch meat with cheese and sometimes another protein shake

Supper typically some type of grilled meat with vegetables.

I am still struggling with portion control but feel great

Typical day breakfast lemon, couple strawberries and a cheese stick with a premier protein shake

Lunch, couple pieces of lunch meat with cheese and sometimes another protein shake

Supper typically some type of grilled meat with vegetables.

I am still struggling with portion control but feel great
    10-4

I need to lose 50lbs and been looking into planning meals. I hate salads and that makes it difficult.