Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longterm Keto/Lowcarb

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    10-4

I need to lose 50lbs and been looking into planning meals. I hate salads and that makes it difficult.
    Same here. I can eat healthy stuff but have always had an issue eating something healthy that is the size of my hand. I've lost a lot of weight over the years and lost 100 lbs in 4 months one time and that was great but miserable. I'm trying to do something that is sustainable this time. One meal at a time. Today sucked because we had back to back birthday parties this afternoon. Both had pizza. It's especially hard with kids also but I'm doing the best I can. I started at 343, now down to 318. My target weight is 175.

Things I enjoy that I snack on and don't feel like I'm dieting are lemons, strawberries, cheese, deli meat, pork skins.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I love garlic— I take a bowl (decent size ) and put some evoo in the bottom. Crack some salt and pepper in it. Squeeze about half of a lemon half in it. Take my garlic press and put two cloves in it.(I buy bags of peeled garlic bc it’s faster) Scrape that in the bowl and add two hand fulls of spring mix. Rub it all around to coat the lettuce and put a spoonful of feta on top and chunk in some grilled chicken, shrimp, scallops, or just plain and eat that for lunch or dinner and snacks. Hands down my favorite salad and snack.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I love garlic, too, but can't ever finish those pre-peeled bags before most goes bad. You must be a garlic eating machine...

That sounds good Cody
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Maybe not Keto, but I eat a protein or granola bar for breakfast and lunch then whatever for supper. Went from 270 down to 245 and still there. Will be 2 years this September. If I eat lunch then I’ll eat a smaller supper. And I try to eat supper by 6:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I love garlic, too, but can't ever finish those pre-peeled bags before most goes bad. You must be a garlic eating machine...
    We took in my wife’s Mimi as a live in year and a half ago. She is full Italian. She’s 87 and can’t cook much bc of Parkinson’s but I cook and she can direct still. I have expanded my culinary knowledge from her so much. And of course anything Italian has garlic. We could fend off an army of vampires. I need to start another thread in the forum based on family and cooking styles. Many here have much to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com