Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longterm Keto/Lowcarb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Longterm Keto/Lowcarb

Checking to see if anyone has stayed on the Keto/Lowcarb (under 50 grams of carbs) as a lifestyle and if any pros/cons? I have been eating this way for three months and definitely feel better and have lost some weight. I definatley need to incorporate more veggies into my diet though.

I’m two months in myself. I was hoping to get my weight back to a decent point and then start building on that in the gym, but stay on a healthy diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I've found that cutting out breakfast monday - friday, no regular soda, and not going back for seconds at dinner have done way more for me than low carb ever did. A lot more sustainable, for me anyways. I'd lose weight with the super low carb approach, but it'd get old and I'd always gain it back. Some carb intake helps the energy levels, I know fat is supposed to be the body's substitute but I never felt as good. I hardly ever felt like hitting the gym or playing pick up basketball. To each their own, I think moderation and variety is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I've found that cutting out breakfast monday - friday, no regular soda, and not going back for seconds at dinner have done way more for me than low carb ever did. A lot more sustainable, for me anyways. I'd lose weight with the super low carb approach, but it'd get old and I'd always gain it back. Some carb intake helps the energy levels, I know fat is supposed to be the body's substitute but I never felt as good. I hardly ever felt like hitting the gym or playing pick up basketball. To each their own, I think moderation and variety is the way to go.
    I have cut back to single portions as well, but have a granola bar for breakfast instead of a biscuit or sandwich, very light lunch, and a healthy supper. I normally get tired of it after 3-4 weeks, but I am 8 weeks in, and still doing well. Almost to my target weight, then it’s time to build back up correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Ive just quit eating anything but supper. And when I eat supper, I eat what I want and until I am full. Funny thing is I cant eat much after fasting all day so its a win win.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Two plus years in and no plans on stopping.

Biggest misconception of a ketogenic diet is that fats and calories don’t matter. People will claim a keto/low carb diet and use it as an excuse to overeat in fats and then claim “low carb/keto didn’t work for me.” If you aren’t weighing, measuring and tracking you have no clue how much you’re eating.

Calories still matter.

Dropped from 208 to 167 in about 4 months. Hell, I even ran my 1st 5k a while back.

When Covid kicked in, I was working from home, watching my kid, and having all sorts of other stressors and gained about 14 lbs back (liquor, junk food, etc)... My little vacation didn't help much, either.

Back on the bandwagon. Since July 15, I'm down 6lbs, 0.9% BMI, & 0.7% body fat.

And, yeah, calories are a key factor. Some people just don't understand how math works.

Total agreement. For me the low carb approach as simple carbs are trigger foods for me. Hard to go wrong with protein and green veggies

Started on it 10 days ago and have lost 11lbs. First three or four days were rough. Now, not too bad at all. Gonna stick with it.

A good scale is great to have, too!

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Four chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.

KKC or Chic Filll a for lunch.

I piece of sliced cheese for supper.

I have lost 20 lbs in 2 mos.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I started IF in December Mon-Fri, haven't changed much else, feel better and down 25lbs so far and still creeping down. I try to not eat random carbs anyway but didn't enjoy no carbs.

I wanted something long term sustainable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I started IF in December Mon-Fri, haven't changed much else, feel better and down 25lbs so far and still creeping down. I try to not eat random carbs anyway but didn't enjoy no carbs.

What's your hour split?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    What's your hour split?
    Supper before 9p and try to make it to 1230p for lunch, depending on what I had for supper, sometimes I'll eat a banana at 10a or so if get really hungry at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post

This is my approach. Down 40 lbs since mid Feb. Eat supper before 8pm and don't eat lunch before 12.

IF does work but shouldn’t be used as a lifestyle change. Skipping meals works but should not be a lifestyle change. Everything depends on your goals. If you work out / run then you need carbs. They will not make you fat, you will use them for energy. Anything under 50 and you will probably not see much gains if your goal is working out or running, as you needs carbs to sustain the energy to last a 5mile run. The macros are very important to your overall goal, but if loosing weight is your only goal then total calories is what you look at the most. It doesn’t mean skip meals, but take your active calories and your ingested calories and make a plan from there.

Weight loss aside, Keto damn near gives you super powers cognitively. The mental clarity and sustainable energy can't be over emphasized. Fell off the wagon during the year from hell. Back in now and mental clarity was back 3 days in.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

2th would beg to differ.

Hahaha

Ha. No doubt, but that's a given no matter what the topic or statement
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams