Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still air, humidity and heat

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Wife and I worked a charity golf tournament yesterday for her work. I chugged water all day while she barely had any. Got home and she realized she was pretty dehydrated. Started drinking water/Gatorade but she had a headache through the evening.
    Thanks for yalls help yesterday. Didnt realize that was you or I would've hunted you down.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Wife and I worked a charity golf tournament yesterday for her work. I chugged water all day while she barely had any. Got home and she realized she was pretty dehydrated. Started drinking water/Gatorade but she had a headache through the evening.
    When I fish tournaments this time of year I drink mucho water and gatorades throughout but always have a headache the entire evening and next day. Not sure it’s possible so sit on a boat fishing for 9 hours and not get dehydrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    When I fish tournaments this time of year I drink mucho water and gatorades throughout but always have a headache the entire evening and next day. Not sure it’s possible so sit on a boat fishing for 9 hours and not get dehydrated.
    So for the old time sailors water would go bad in a barrel on a long trip but beer would not, am I right? They would have to stay drunk for months.

It’s a good rule of thumb to drink water and Gatorade or something similar 2:1 to keep the monkey away.

On my weekly repair day during the summer I drink pedialyte
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Bush hogged 3 ac overgrown field and cleared a spillway of beaver devilment ( Media Guy looked really sweaty while I managed the boat ) We could have chosen a better day.

It's been pretty dang hot on the island this week. Running 1-3 smokers for hours on end all week has been tough. I drink LOTS of water and still manag to get cramps by the evening time.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Drinking tons of water is not enough. The body needs electrolytes. A cheaper and and healthier alternative to drinks such as Gatorade is 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/16 tsp epsom salt, and 1/16 tsp Morton’s Lite Salt in 16oz of water.

Me and dad just played 18 in tega cay. It’s HOT. Drank plenty of Gatorade and water but I still have a headache myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    On my weekly repair day during the summer I drink pedialyte
    This here is good advice.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    So for the old time sailors water would go bad in a barrel on a long trip but beer would not, am I right? They would have to stay drunk for months.
    I think it was water and run but same idea.

I fill up a few gallon jugs for myself on the boat and usually get through a gallon every couple hours.

If you ain't hydrating the night before also don't waste your time
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Try and repair a black roof at 2pm
    I just did a repair this afternoon for a family member.

Only Yankees complain about the heat but I will say it got a little warm up there
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Mustard packs. All you need.

Preach it, Brother, preach it!

My irrigation guy keeps a wrapped dill pickle on the dash for if he starts feeling bad in the sun.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Synthomer chemical in Roebuck. We’ve been quite a few names over the years. Most know us as the old Abco plant.
    Went to high school with Brian B. Spent a little time on their farm out there.

This thread is hilarious.

I’ve lived up in the mountains a few years now with no A/C what so ever, just window fans when it gets really hot.

I broke down and bought a window unit for the upstairs bedrooms. It’s been hot (not SC hot) the last week.

It was hot as fk today way up the Saluda River. Alot of people too. Saw a dude in a pontoon try to make make. Tore the heck outa his lower unit
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"