Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still air, humidity and heat

Default Still air, humidity and heat

Be careful out there. There's a monkey waiting to jump on your back.

It’s miserable. Decided to leave out in the am, stay in our place in west KY for a night, then ride out to North MO to look at several farms in hopes of buying one. It’s forecast to be 82 Monday out thar....

Just got back from a week at IOP..... it was flat dangerous on the boat during mid day heat

It really can hurt you. Set in the shade a while and cool off.

I fished from 8am until 4 today with Jess Williams.

It was tough.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

My high boy spreader lost it’s AC the other day. Fan still worked, but no refrigerant was coming through. Tinted cab, but no windows to open. It sucked. It’s bad when you get out to refill and the outside feels like AC. Then the alternator went out later that afternoon, and I had to finish just running on battery power. I was worried they wouldn’t make it so I cut the fan off to save some juice. Then it really sucked. Made it back to the shop, and was right on the edge of it. I found out how the Natives have those wild visions when they’re in the sweat lodge. I was toast after that. Not the worst I’ve been, but definitely up there.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Been in a hay field all week after work. Yesterday was miserable. Finished up today. It’s been terrible.

Hopefully we start seeing some rain now. Been a little over a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Don’t be a tuff guy and find out the hard way Mother Nature can whoop that butt anytime she feels froggy. Been awful these last 2 weeks at the chemical plant. Had a touch of something Monday near the end of my shift. Headache, slightly nauseous. I came home, took a cold shower and consumed way to much water and Gatorade. Woke up at 4 am Tuesday to acid reflux that was as bad as I’ve ever had it.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Welcome to my office- and my favorite time of year- this is when every godforsaken fuckin yankee dreams of moving back up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Welcome to my office- and my favorite time of year- this is when every godforsaken fuckin yankee dreams of moving back up north.
    But they don’t...

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    But they don’t...
    Hope they do, heading up the river in the morning, see yall at the sandbar
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Don’t be a tuff guy and find out the hard way Mother Nature can whoop that butt anytime she feels froggy. Been awful these last 2 weeks at the chemical plant. Had a touch of something Monday near the end of my shift. Headache, slightly nauseous. I came home, took a cold shower and consumed way to much water and Gatorade. Woke up at 4 am Tuesday to acid reflux that was as bad as I’ve ever had it.
    What plant?

Try and repair a black roof at 2pm
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Doesn’t really bother me much. I guess I am used to it by now. The fucking bugs piss me off more than anything this time of year. Damn a red bug to Hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    But they don’t...
    Truth. I met a new Ohio transplant last week. I asked what he thought of the heat to which he replied “It’s not bad, it gets pretty hot in Ohio.” I laughed.

My guys from Honduras and Mexico say it's hotter here than back where they come from
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Whooo, glad to see others think its's hot too, I was beginning to think I'm a wus.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    What plant?
    Synthomer chemical in Roebuck. We’ve been quite a few names over the years. Most know us as the old Abco plant.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

My sister’s former co-worker, lost her husband to a heat stroke this past week. He had been outside working in the garden, came in because he got to feeling bad. Went back out to grill burgers for his mother in law’s birthday, then went to bed. His wife woke up during the night to use the bathroom, he was making a weird snoring noise, came back from the bathroom, he was quiet. Woke up to her alarm, and he was gone. Heat is no joke at all. Stay hydrated and take breaks.

Wife and I worked a charity golf tournament yesterday for her work. I chugged water all day while she barely had any. Got home and she realized she was pretty dehydrated. Started drinking water/Gatorade but she had a headache through the evening.